Re: Managing/copying over Linked Outlook Folders - TRIM 7.1.2.2017 (297 Views)
Occasional Collector
HollyBee
Message 1 of 10 (358 Views)

Managing/copying over Linked Outlook Folders - TRIM 7.1.2.2017

Heya there,

I was wondering if anyone at all would know where on a users PC that the Outlook linked folders info is stored within a users profile?

We have a PC replacement project happening and want the easiest way possible for our SD guys to copy over the Outlook links for users on install of the new hardware.

We are on a Windows 7 SOE, Office 2010 and using TRIM 7.1.2.2017.

We have gone through registry and copied over the below registry key on a few replacements but it is failing to copy over the users linked folders.

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Hewlett-Packard\HP TRIM\OutlookAddIn\AS\Folders

Anyone else come across this? Does anyone know where in the users profile the linked folders data is stored?

Thanks

Holly

Please use plain text.
HP Expert
Greg Fraser_1
Message 2 of 10 (297 Views)

Re: Managing/copying over Linked Outlook Folders - TRIM 7.1.2.2017

It should be located in users local profile, I can double check the exact location.

Although I normally recommend recreating those folders where possible. Copying across doesn't always yield good results.

**Any opinions expressed in this forum are my own personal opinion and should not be interpreted as an official statement on behalf of Hewlett Packard**
Please use plain text.
Occasional Collector
HollyBee
Message 3 of 10 (282 Views)

Hiya Greg,

Thanks for that, that would be great if you could let us know the exact loaction of where it sits within the users profile so I can pass this onto our Service Desk to test.

We do copy alot of their user profile setting when a PC is replaced without issue so it should be ok but we will test to see if it works prior to using this as a work around.

Cheers,

Holly

Please use plain text.
Honored Contributor
EWillsey
Message 4 of 10 (279 Views)

This is only stored in the registry. They are in the keys you've already outlined.
Please use plain text.
Occasional Collector
HollyBee
Message 5 of 10 (278 Views)

We have used the key from registry and it fails. Along with other TRIM settings, our tech is sure there would be a folder within the user profile that is also related to the linked folders.

The keys in registry are only a link to the queues set up and do not replace them when a reimage occurs. All tested in house.

Please use plain text.
Occasional Collector
HollyBee
Message 6 of 10 (253 Views)

Hey there, how did you go on locating those fodlers in the users profile?? :)

Please use plain text.
HP Expert
Greg Fraser_1
Message 7 of 10 (246 Views)

Hi Holly,

Just had a look in my VM and as already discussed the registry keys are the location for storing the linked folder data.

Are you upgrading any of the software involved such as TRIM or Oulook in the process? Changing versions here would make copying the keys across invalid anyway. They would need to be created.

If it was the same version of TRIM and the same version of Outlook and in the same bit version e.g.. 32bit then i would make sure that Outlook has been installed, preferably opened for first use, TRIM as been installed with the integration active.

After all that then try and copy that key across.

**Any opinions expressed in this forum are my own personal opinion and should not be interpreted as an official statement on behalf of Hewlett Packard**
Please use plain text.
Valued Contributor
Strider_1
Message 8 of 10 (243 Views)

Hi Holly, have you tried the export/import available with linked folders? Our IT guys had reasonable success with it last year when doing a PC rollout (note: they had no success with registry keys - always seemed to fail).

Cheers

Please use plain text.
HP Expert
Greg Fraser_1
Message 9 of 10 (238 Views)

Good point Strider, didn't even think of that one.

Please use plain text.
Occasional Collector
HollyBee
Message 10 of 10 (229 Views)

Heya Strider,

yeah we have used the export function via outlook in the TRIM menu but that is failing on us as well where it just wont create th tio file as requried.

We have just updated our SOE plus are now on Office 2010.

We were hoping there was another way around it within the users profile settings on an outlook end versus through the registry key as that is failing too.

We upgraded TRIM some time back but our new SOE has just rolled out but the errors occured in the last version of both.

Thanks

Hol

Please use plain text.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation