Keyboard shortcuts missing in HP TRIM 7.32 (483 Views)
Esteemed Contributor
Joshua Hutley
Message 1 of 5 (483 Views)
Accepted Solution

Keyboard shortcuts missing in HP TRIM 7.32

Hi

After upgrading clients to TRIM 7.3 users cannot access the keyboard shortcuts.

Furthermore they cannot recreate these keyboard shortcuts.

I have never had to worry about keyboard shortcuts before. Anyone not what is going on?

Josh

Please use plain text.
Advisor
MegAtr0n
Message 2 of 5 (454 Views)

Re: Keyboard shortcuts missing in HP TRIM 7.32

Hi,

I've just upgraded a couple of clients to 7.32 5511 and have all the default shortcut keys. I haven't tested the 64 bit client but 32 bit appears to be working as expected. I am testing as Admin so maybe its an end user issue?

Regards

Meg

Please use plain text.
Frequent Advisor
alexw_1
Message 3 of 5 (446 Views)

I've found it pretty common for the keyboard shortcuts to fall off upgrading to various versions of 7.x. Doesn't seem to be a pattern as to which users are affected.

You need to do a "reset all" in the keyboard customise tab.

Please use plain text.
HP Expert
Neil Summers
Message 4 of 5 (438 Views)

[ Edited ]

This isn’t unique to 7.32. One fix is to use the “Reset all” button on the Customise – Keyboard tab in the TRIM client. 

This issue is because the previous value left behind in the user's HKCU registry hive from an earlier version of TRIM 7 isn't replaced with a new value when upgrading the client. If you want to push out a fix for all users, here's a couple of ways to update the following registry key:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Hewlett-Packard\HP TRIM\WindowPlacement\Keyboard\Accelerators

1. Delete the "Accelerators" value from this key in the user's registry, e.g. via a login script. When the user next starts TRIM it will automatically recreate this value with the correct settings and the keyboard shortcuts will work.

2. Export the "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Hewlett-Packard\HP TRIM\WindowPlacement\Keyboard" key from a user's machine after they've performed a "Reset all" and confirmed their shortcut keys are working, then use the exported key to replace the same key on all users' machines, e.g. via a login script.

Because the key is in HKCU, elevated privileges shouldn't be required to achieve this, which is why I recommend doing it via a login script.

Neil

(Please state the version of TRIM/HPRM you're using in all posts)
Note: Any posts I make on this forum are my own personal opinion and do not constitute a formal commitment on behalf of HP.

HP Software Support Online (SSO): http://support.openview.hp.com
Please use plain text.
Esteemed Contributor
Joshua Hutley
Message 5 of 5 (428 Views)

Thank you Neil
Please use plain text.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation