Re: Indexing email issues... (292 Views)
Occasional Contributor
manningm123
Message 1 of 5 (316 Views)

Indexing email issues...

We just started using HP Trim for retention for the Email.  I moved roughly 5,000 emails into the document store and had no problem doing that portion of it however we continue to receive errors everytime we try to run the index for this record type.  Has anyone else ran into an indexing problem with Emails? I have included a pdf of the error message that I receive when trying to do an email text search

Honored Contributor
Sander Hoogwerf
Message 2 of 5 (308 Views)

Re: Indexing email issues...

That's just how the indexing process works. Indexing this many documents is going to take some time and while the DCI database is in-use, not other processes can access it.

I've seen mention in recent SPER or Fixes documents that multiple processes can simultaneously search. Maybe it's also possible to index and search together.

Found it. CRID 35160 in 6.2.5.1297 may be the solution (although it only mentions searches). Couldn't find it in any of the TRIM 7 Fixes list, but it's using the same ISYS version.

(Any opinions expressed in this forum are my own personal opinion and should not be construed as an official statement by Hewlett Packard.)

Analytics & Data Management
Application & Business Services
HP Enterprise Services
Occasional Contributor
manningm123
Message 3 of 5 (299 Views)

Thanks for writing back.  So in order for this process to be complete nobody else can be in the system while this is running?  I guess I thought by running it from the Enterprise Studio it would just run in the background?  Anything else I should know?  The reason I am asking is because there are several other even larger email boxes that I am wanting to place into TRIM but am hesitant to do so until I know the search feature is going to be successful.

Honored Contributor
Sander Hoogwerf
Message 4 of 5 (296 Views)

People can be in the system, only searching the DCI is locked.

You can try increasing the transaction size of the DCI, so that documents are indexed in bigger blocks. Default transaction is like 10 and increasing it to 100 or 500 will certainly speed up things (just make sure you have enough temp space on disk to accomodate these documents for indexing).

Also when your DCI is multiple GB, then configuring to split off in smaller chains will speed up quite a bit.

Loading the e-mails into TRIM at the end of the day will give ample time to index at night with few users searching (a viable option when your users are not spread accross the world).

(Any opinions expressed in this forum are my own personal opinion and should not be construed as an official statement by Hewlett Packard.)

Analytics & Data Management
Application & Business Services
HP Enterprise Services
Honored Contributor
EWillsey
Message 5 of 5 (292 Views)

I've seen, on build 7.1.0.1150, sometimes running a re-index on the server prevents people from saving emails into TRIM (with Lotus Notes at least).  It doesn't happen all the time... so when you do this I'd recommend you do a test save from email right after initiating it.  Otherwise it's usually safe to do during production hours.

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.