Re: Generated SQL from HP TRIM search (203 Views)
Advisor
user33
Message 1 of 5 (227 Views)

Generated SQL from HP TRIM search

Is it possible to see the SQL statement generated from the TRIM Search which is constructed using the HP TRIM interface.

I have constructed  a Search Criteria and want to see the SQL Query which is sent to the Work Group server ?

Any assistance here is appreciated.

Please use plain text.
Honored Contributor
EWillsey
Message 2 of 5 (219 Views)

Re: Generated SQL from HP TRIM search

You can only do this if you're an administrator:

Open TRIM

Click View->Activity Log Pane

Click the dataset tab

Right-click and select "Start Logging"

Execute your search

Please use plain text.
Advisor
user33
Message 3 of 5 (208 Views)

I am after a SQL statement which I could run from SQL Enterprise Studio and see the results.

I want to copy the results from the search criteria and send it to relevant teams.

The SQL Statement in the Activity Pane generated doesn't seem to provde with the results as seen on the TRIM Search interface.

Please use plain text.
Honored Contributor
EWillsey
Message 4 of 5 (204 Views)

[ Edited ]

You have to sift through the generated SQL for the one searching on TSRECORD.  All the rest are for other fields and such.  There will be one SQL statement that is the core search.

Only other way to do it is to either use SQL Server Analyzer or turn on logging on the workgroup server.  But both of these will lead you to the same core SQL statement you'd see in the activity log pane.

Please use plain text.
Honored Contributor
EWillsey
Message 5 of 5 (203 Views)

Open the saved search window first, then turn on logging, double click your search, and then turn off logging. The SQL statements in the window will be those related to the search. Find the core one and you're good.
Please use plain text.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation