Re: How to un-install HPCA agent through HPCA management console. (1897 Views)
Advisor
jitendra_manche
Message 1 of 7 (1,930 Views)

How to un-install HPCA agent through HPCA management console.

Hi,

Please let me know how to un-install/remove /repair HPCA agent in machines remotly through HPCA Management console.

I found that some machines are not reporting to HPCA Core server. There is no network issue. But after Agent repair , it reporting to HPCA server.

Now problem is that i need to dp this thing on 1000 machines . so can not do manually. For this i want to do remotly through HPCA management console so that user will be not interupted.

so please help to solve this issue.

Thanks

Jitendra

Frequent Advisor
Steve_Williams
Message 2 of 7 (1,929 Views)

Re: How to un-install HPCA agent through HPCA management console.

What is the root cause of the Agents not reporting to the Core?  Is it an issue with the Agent install where the Agent software is corrupted (from a Windows OS perspective) and thus required the MSI to be run in repair mode?  Or, it is simply an issue with the Agent connection strategy, whereas the Agent is not connecting into the Core server due to issues with the TIMER object, etc.?  Can you provide some details into what exactly you did to do the repair and what was the exact issue with the agent machine?  How many total devices do you have? 1000 seems like a high number of "corrupted" devices.  What version of HPCA?

Advisor
jitendra_manche
Message 3 of 7 (1,926 Views)

Hi Steve,

Thanks for reply.
I am using CAE 7.5 on window 2003 server.
In some machine log file , i found that agent is not connecting to core server but it's trying to connect a another machine. When checked SAP.edm file , there was wrong entry instead of core server. How can it possible because no one can modify these file .
Valued Contributor
Sridhara
Message 4 of 7 (1,921 Views)

HI,

Instead of re-installig, you can think of pushing correct SAP.edm and config.xml through a job to all desktops.

Regards,
Sridhara.
Advisor
jitendra_manche
Message 5 of 7 (1,918 Views)

Hi Sridhar,

I am surprised , how can it be changed automaticaly agent files.

I am observing that some other edm file have also wrong entry.

So let me know in details to change this entry.

Thanks in advance

Thanks

Jitendra

Valued Contributor
Sridhara
Message 6 of 7 (1,903 Views)

Hi, On a test machine, install agent and verify the edm files have correct entries. Publish the edm files which you want to replace using "Component Select Mode" of Administrator publisher.

Regards,
Sridhara.
Frequent Advisor
Steve_Williams
Message 7 of 7 (1,897 Views)

SAP.EDM is managed via COP (Client Operations Profile) within the Configuration Server database.  I would search for "Client Operations Profile" in the documentation and read up how to manage those values.  If the SAP.edm values on the Client are incorrect, chances are that the COP values being pushed down to that Client from the CSDB is also correct.  The easiest method is to verify the COP settings in the CSDB and confirm they are the same values that are on the Agent.  Unless COP resolution is turned off or there are some other issues with the Agent connect, those values could simply be changed in the CDSB and those values would automatically be updated in the SAP.edm object on the clients.  I would recommend giving that a try.

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.