Re: Windows 8 and CAE 7.9 (337 Views)
Occasional Contributor
John_Edmondson_MGS
Message 1 of 6 (401 Views)

Windows 8 and CAE 7.9

What is the current status of Windows 8 support for CAE 7.9.

Trusted Contributor
Pravs
Message 2 of 6 (387 Views)

Re: Windows 8 and CAE 7.9

Hi,

Are you looking for Windows 8 support on client devices or on Core console? If this is about clients then I believe they should work fine without any change. The HPCA core may need some changes .

I suggest contacting HPCA support for the latest status on this topic.

-Praveen

Honored Contributor
Mahmoud Ibrahim
Message 3 of 6 (337 Views)

Hi All,
The Enhancement Requests has been approved and are moved to action, you may contact HP support asking for the related files.
You can see those ERs in the links below
http://support.openview.hp.com/selfsolve/document/KM1455845
http://support.openview.hp.com/selfsolve/document/KM1455847
Regards,
Mahmoud Ibrahim
http://www.mahmoudthoughts.com
  • Say thanks by clicking the "Kudos! Star" which is on the left.

• Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with "Accept as Solution" if it solves your issue.
  • Occasional Contributor
    John_Edmondson_MGS
    Message 4 of 6 (329 Views)

Thanks for the information. 

However I was asking for v7.9 and the bulletins say that it applies to v 8.1 

Is there any chance of updates for 7.9?  

We are starting project planning to upgrade to the next major release of CAE when it comes out and thus we have currently shelved plans to move from 7.9.007 to 8.1. There are only so many hours in a day.

Trusted Contributor
    Pravs
    Message 5 of 6 (320 Views)

The changes for Windows 8 on HPCa 8.10 version may be back ported on previous versions like 7.90. Having said that, I again suggest to contact the HPCA support to get the latest schedule for this change by filing a CPE incident ( ticket).

Also, even the current 7.90 agent will work on Windows 8 without any change in terms of inventory collection and other regular tasks. The changes will be most likely on the server end ( reporting of Windows 8, ZSTOP expression , etc). 

Occasional Contributor
    John_Edmondson_MGS
    Message 6 of 6 (310 Views)

Thanks Praveen. 

When i originally posted this I also opened a support ticket and were told that inventory and application manager were ok with windows 8 but that patch management would need updates. 

Because Mamoud Ibrahim posted in this thread that the ER's were moving to release and we could get them from support, i have opened another ticket yesterday as well. (and it's patch managment that i am most interested in).   I see that nvdkit is getting an update and thats an integral  part of patch management on the client.   They said that the files are not available yet, i will get a timeline for this.  

Thanks for the update.

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.