Re: Reporting Server fails to load in portal version 7.95 (358 Views)
Frequent Advisor
Kevin_362
Message 1 of 5 (396 Views)
Accepted Solution

Reporting Server fails to load in portal version 7.95

I started experiencing this issue Reporting server after working to fix some issues with Messaging server.  I have tried rolling back the steps I took but they did not fix the Reporting server.  I am wondering if someone in the community can look and the error message being displayed and provide me some direction to bring Reporting back to life.

HPCA 7.9.5 running off Windows Server 2008 R2
There is a Core server, two full satelites then 32 satelites.
The database resides on a separate server running SQL 2008 SP3

Trusted Contributor
Pravs
Message 2 of 5 (375 Views)

Re: Reporting Server fails to load in portal version 7.95

Hi,

By any chance did you extract one of the .kit files present inside the reportpacks folder ? Does that extracted folder still exist?

-Praveen

Frequent Advisor
Kevin_362
Message 3 of 5 (368 Views)

I did play around with one of the report kits on my development server, but I don't believe I ever progressed the changes to my production environment.

Trusted Contributor
Pravs
Message 4 of 5 (358 Views)

What is the value of  "LANGUAGE" parameter in the rrs.cfg file. Also, can you extract the rim.kit file for once and see if the contents of "reportpacks\rim\objects\Messages" are present. The messages folder contains data for the supported browser languages. you can confirm if they are all intact.

Frequent Advisor
Kevin_362
Message 5 of 5 (355 Views)

Found the issue thanks to your comment. Realized that reportpacks folder got moved around during an troubleshooting session and was not put back. Kudos for your assistance Pravs.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.