Re: Radia Notify problem (385 Views)
Advisor
Message 1 of 9 (385 Views)
Accepted Solution

Radia Notify problem

Hi Guys ,

-we are using Radia 4.2 CS , all user accounts are created localy in the policy domain in CSDB ,
user have to open the self service manager and from this point the agent check the entitled policy associeted with this user and automaticlly install the mandatory application.

our problem is whenever we do "notify subscribers" from radia system explorer it shows that notification succeeded , but when we check "radexecd.log" in the client side it display the attached log . i 'll realy appreciate any support regarding this issue .

Honored Contributor
Message 2 of 9 (385 Views)

Re: Radia Notify problem

The agent will attempt to un-install applications first then do what else it has to.
This log extract clearly says it's trying to un-install a Service named WINRARFX.
Make sure you have the right notify command string.
I'd check the client log and catalog to make sure you're getting this done.
Valued Contributor
Message 3 of 9 (385 Views)

Hi,

If You are having CM Portal you can try notifying from CM portal.Frankly speaking i have never tried a notify from radia system explorer.

From CM Poratl i used the command line as

radskman ip=,DNAME=SOFTWARE,uid=$machine

for the applications that are assigned to the NULL_INSTANCE

Regards
Shibin
Give and Take
Advisor
Message 4 of 9 (385 Views)

-So what about the user name and password being used to notify the agent , i think this is where my problem is , this portion is not quit clear to me , which user name and password should i use to notify the agent from the portal .
Valued Contributor
Message 5 of 9 (385 Views)

Hi,

Yes if you wont provide the correct user name and password who have the permission to install applications notification wil not happen.You can provde the administrator user and passwords.

Regards
Shibin
Give and Take
Advisor
Message 6 of 9 (385 Views)

-Thanks everybody for replies , ok i am having some progress here , after notifying the client from portal , my command was
"radskman ip=91.103.144.163,port=3465,DNAME=SOFTWARE,uid=$user"

the little blue square icon appears in systemtray in the client side and tries to contact the CS server "91.103.144.163" but it fails connecting .

i attached the client connect.log ,any Ideas :(

Thanks in advance
Honored Contributor
Message 7 of 9 (385 Views)

yes. the Port should be 3464 not 3465 -
"radskman ip=91.103.144.163,port=3465,DNAME=SOFTWARE,uid=$user"

The client communicates the the Server on 3464.
3465 is the listening port on the client for notifies.

Karl
Highlighted
Valued Contributor
Message 8 of 9 (385 Views)

Hi,

If the blue tray icon appaers it means somthing is happening there on client side.Could you please attach the client connect.log.

Regards
Shibin
Give and Take
Advisor
Message 9 of 9 (385 Views)

Guys thank you soo much :) , your help and support was tremendous ..

i resolved the last problem by using the below command

radskman ip=,DNAME=Software,uid=custom

so in my situation i hade to provide uid=custom not uid=$user nor uid=$machine because this is how my identification is provided in args.xml

Thanks again :)
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.