Proxy updates with large applications (488 Views)
Occasional Advisor
han891
Message 1 of 5 (488 Views)

Proxy updates with large applications

Hi, I’m fairly new to HPCA and apologize if someone has asked this before. I need to update our proxy servers at remote locations with a very large application. It’s around 1.5GB.  Some of the sites have really low bandwidth.  Is there any way to throttle the update to not bury some of these sites?  Or is there a way to take the published application, burn it to a DVD and send it out to sites to manually copy it over?

Trusted Contributor
DanieI
Message 2 of 5 (483 Views)

Re: Proxy updates with large applications

Hello,

What version and type of proxy server are you using? Ex: 9.00 Integration Server-based proxy vs 7.90 Apache-based proxy.

Thanks,

Daniel

Occasional Advisor
han891
Message 3 of 5 (470 Views)

7.8 Apache-based proxy.

Valued Contributor
Dirk-Jan Noorbergen
Message 4 of 5 (416 Views)

Hi,

First I think that a 1,5 Gb is not very large for an application.

To get the application to the proxy with the low bandwidth you can make a timer that is connected to the proxy server.

The schedule can start when the remote office is closed.

What I did is the following:

- configured the DMABATCH.RC file to make sure which domains need to be synchronized.

- scheduled the DMABATCH.CMD file within the Windows task scheduler to start after closing hours of the branch office. This file just starts the DMABATCH.EXE.

For me this works fine. The schedule runs every day after closing hours of the branch office.

Regards,

Dirk-Jan

Occasional Advisor
han891
Message 5 of 5 (411 Views)

Hi, thanks for the reply.  Unfortunately our remote locations are open 24 hours so that wouldn't be an option.

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.