Problem to get devices information (192 Views)
Reply
Occasional Contributor
ArielSO
Posts: 11
Registered: ‎08-16-2013
Message 1 of 4 (192 Views)

Problem to get devices information

hi all;

i have a problem when i try to  get the devices inventory,   the connection  is make by the console and the comand radskman into  client machine.

the services were  assigned correctly, but the information is not load in the HPCA database.

I found into "./HPCA/data/messagingserver/rejects"  some files.

The core server is a windows 2008 enterprise edition, and the database is a sql server v. 2005

 

 

any idea.

 

 

Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
DanieI
Posts: 132
Registered: ‎01-09-2009
Message 2 of 4 (166 Views)

Re: Problem to get devices information

Hello,

 

The messagingserver logs should provide an indication of why the message rejects occurred.

 

There are several known issues in the HPCA knowledgebase which may be applicable, depending on the HPCA version in use.  Examining the rejected messages would also help in investigating the issue.

 

Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
Pravs
Posts: 127
Registered: ‎03-04-2010
Message 3 of 4 (161 Views)

Re: Problem to get devices information

Hi,

 

While the data from rejects folder will help, you can check a few things.

 

1. The command line to execute a connect on the client machine should contain " cop =y". This is applicable if the device entry is getting added for the first time.

 

2.  The client domain settings ( CLIENT.SETTING. <INSTANCE NAME>)  have reporting set to all types of connects. This is applicable when you have both machine and user connects . 

 

3. Are all the messages getting rejected OR only a type of reporting is failing?  

 

4. Is the agent machine sending reporting objects correctly?

 

-Praveen

Please use plain text.
Occasional Contributor
ArielSO
Posts: 11
Registered: ‎08-16-2013
Message 4 of 4 (129 Views)

Re: Problem to get devices information

I'm sorry I was not able to answer before, the data is not saved into database only  when I try to get the hardware and software information.  The data conection and basic information  are   saved into  database.

 

I did a test with another  enviroment supporting 32 bits and everything  is working fine.

 

 

The current enviroment is  windows  2008  r2 x64 , SQL 2008 enterprise edition, and one   64 bits odbc connection, and the version of Client Automation is 9.10

 

 

 

Please use plain text.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation