Re: Need to know about CAE Satellite communication (317 Views)
dheeraj0309
Message 1 of 6 (344 Views)
Accepted Solution

Need to know about CAE Satellite communication

Hi All,

As i am working on CAE 8.10, I have acquired some Microsoft patches and pushed to client machines successfully through CAE CORE server.

1.But I want to know how actually the patches deploying through Satellite server?

2.How the Satellite server performing the Load balancing?

3.If the patches is deploying through satellite then where exactly the log files will create for those patches?

Please help me to clarify this doubts.......

Regards

Dheeraj singh

Please use plain text.
dheeraj0309
Message 2 of 6 (317 Views)

Re: Need to know about CAE Satellite communication

Hi All,

Can anyone help me out to resolve my previous queries.

Apart from that I would like to know, whether we can remove the patches which we have have installed through CAE Core console if any vernabilities issues comes in future.

If it is possible, then how we will do it through CAE console?

Regards

Dheeraj Singh

Please use plain text.
Esteemed Contributor
Gowhar Jan
Message 3 of 6 (308 Views)

You'll find answers for these questions in the product manuals. Understanding Client Operations profile and Satellite Management topics would help you understand how Agent->Satellite->Core communication works. I'll provide some brief answers in-line:

1.how actually the patches deploying through Satellite server?

HPCA Agent contacts Core or one of the Satellite servers based on SAP.EDM object. This object stores list of all servers available for the target machine. Each server is assigned a priority, ROLE, TYPE and other attributes. HPCA Agent uses this information to decide which Satellite server to contact for a specific operation.

2.How the Satellite server performing the Load balancing?

Once you have installed Core and Satellites and appropriately configured Client Operations profile, HPCA Agent performs COP resolution by specifying cop=y on radskman command line and downloads SAP.EDM. Using SAP.EDM HPCA Agents perform load balancing.

3.If the patches is deploying through satellite then where exactly the log files will create for those patches?

Since HPCA Agent processes the patches, the log files are generated in the Agent log directory. You may inspect connect.log to investigate what steps HPCA Agent performed, which server it downloaded data from and so on.

You'll also get multiple reports in Core console to help you understand what machines successfully installed patches and those that didn't.

Please use plain text.
dheeraj0309
Message 4 of 6 (297 Views)

Hi

Gowhar Jan

Thank you for your quick reply on my previous issue. But I would like to know, whether we can remove the patches through CAE console from client machine.

I didn't find any option or Tab on CAE core for revoking the installed patches.

Regards

Dheeraj Singh

Please use plain text.
Occasional Advisor
karthik_S_G
Message 5 of 6 (289 Views)

Hi

Please follow the steps described in the patch Manager Reference Guide (Patching_RG.pdf) page number 47

titled "Removing a Patch"

Thanks and Regards

Karthik S G

Please use plain text.
dheeraj0309
Message 6 of 6 (287 Views)

Hi Karthik,

Thanks for your support.

Regards

Dheeraj Singh

Please use plain text.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation