May I delete the files in the folder \HPCA\Data\Usage\incoming\Archive? (256 Views)
Advisor
MiguelPM
Message 1 of 4 (256 Views)
Accepted Solution

May I delete the files in the folder <InstallDir>\HPCA\Data\Usage\incoming\Archive?

Hi,

I have a lot of USDBASE files in the folder (more than 30 000 files):

<InstallDir>\HPCA\Data\Usage\incoming\Archive

I'd like to know if I can erase all these files, because I guess all the usage information has already been stored on my SQL DB right?

I also have an Errors folder, and I use to delete the files in it. There are not many, just like 10 files per week.

Is it OK if I delete the files in the Archive folder?

And, what about the files in <InstallDir>\HPCA\Data\MessagingServer\rejects? May I delete them too?

I hope someone can help me!

Regards,

Miguel

Please use plain text.
HP Expert
Arun
Message 2 of 4 (254 Views)

Re: May I delete the files in the folder <InstallDir>\HPCA\Data\Usage\incoming\Archive?

The archive are the usdbase files which are already imported, they are required if you have situation where you need to recreate the SQL DB, if you feel that you dont require them then you can delete them safely.

The files in the error folder are the ones which is having issues during import, you can see which device is generating these files and verify why is these error files from those device.

Please use plain text.
Advisor
MiguelPM
Message 3 of 4 (239 Views)

Re: May I delete the files in the folder <InstallDir>\HPCA\Data\Usage\incoming\Archive?

Arun,

Thanks for your answer!

I have one last question. I lnow I can see what device is having issues with usage monitoring in the error files. My question is, how can I know what the error is? Because I cannot open  these files. Do you know what application may I use to open them?

Regards,

Miguel

Please use plain text.
Occasional Advisor
Harbey Paez
Message 4 of 4 (208 Views)

Hi,

Using the HPCA KB Manager you can set the import and delete process for the USBD files...

Regards,

Harbey P.

Please use plain text.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation