Re: HP CAE 7.5 - Migrate RMP to Enterprise Manager (137 Views)
Frequent Advisor
jloxton
Message 1 of 6 (160 Views)

HP CAE 7.5 - Migrate RMP to Enterprise Manager

We are in the process of migrating from 4.x to 7.5 and I am trying to find info on whether or not the functionality we had in RMP could easily be duplicated in Enterprise Manager. (NOTE: We are using a traditional setup, not Core/Sat)

Specifically:
1. Bulk proxy syncs: We have 250ish stand alone proxy servers that all use different user IDs for individual policy purposes. In RMP we could do single click proxy syncs to a group of servers. Can't seem to find a way to do that now.

2. User setup: Previously we had individual users set up with their LDAP logins and with Delegated Administration we could specifiy exactly who could do what and at what level(from Help Desk to Admins). With EM it seems to be an 'all access or no access' type of scenario.

If I enable the RMP UI I can do all of the above - but would prefer not to...

Any help, workarounds, or a useful doc would be appreciated.

Thanks!
~Jaime

Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
Steve Berube
Message 2 of 6 (160 Views)

Re: HP CAE 7.5 - Migrate RMP to Enterprise Manager

I would suggest looking into migrating to 7.5 core, it can do all of what you want and with greater ease than classic. It may be a bit of effort, but contact HP support for guidance on classic to core migration, it will be well worth it.
Please use plain text.
Frequent Advisor
jloxton
Message 3 of 6 (160 Views)

I can see where that can help with the syncs - haven't seen anything that would help with user management (although I haven't looked in to core/sat too much.)
Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
Steve Berube
Message 4 of 6 (160 Views)

In Core, user management works very different.
You can create a directory source (multiple) mount points to active directory. Per source, you can configure them for authentication. When you do you select a group or container in your directory which contains the list of 'authorized' users who can login. Once that is complete, you can see a list of those users and assign roles to them. Each of those users can login at that point.
Please use plain text.
Frequent Advisor
jloxton
Message 5 of 6 (160 Views)

Thanks for the info Steve.

We've set aside the move to core/sat because of the lack of documentation to migrate from classic... we have put it back up for discussion and are pinging support for their input.

In the interim - if anyone has migrated to classic and has created a work-around for these functions, info would be appreciated.
Please use plain text.
Occasional Contributor
philippetang75
Message 6 of 6 (137 Views)

Hi all,

Thanks for the info Steve

do you have more information :

-  how to create and configure directory source ?

-  how to manage the list of authorized users ?

thanks you very much.

Philippe

Please use plain text.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation