Custom Radia Messages (47 Views)
Occasional Contributor
Douglas S Davis
Message 1 of 4 (47 Views)

Custom Radia Messages

I'm looking to provide a custom pop-up message to the end user that tells them a OS Patch has been loaded and the system needs a reboot. I would like the same features as rtimeout and ask options on the radskman command like but would like the message to be more specific about the reboot. Can anyone help with me/direct me with this on how to customize that pop-up message. Thanks for your help.
Please use plain text.
Regular Advisor
Steve Morrow
Message 2 of 4 (47 Views)

Re: Custom Radia Messages

I wasn't able to find a good way to do it with native Radia tools. Although, we aren't using patch manager either, so that may make a difference.

I ended up writing a vbscript to prompt our users that a patch had been installed and give them the option to reboot now or later. A timer on the PC runs the script each hour and determines if a prompt is needed, and if so how much time is left before the reboot will be forced.

I've gotten pretty good feedback from our users , and management, since we put it in place.
Please use plain text.
Honored Contributor
Roy O Gatewood_2
Message 3 of 4 (47 Views)

Create a script to run via COP.SETTINGS.EXBEXIT that would check the SYNOPSIS.EXITCODE and emit messages as desired.
Please use plain text.
Occasional Contributor
Douglas S Davis
Message 4 of 4 (47 Views)

Roy and Steve, Thanks for the options. This gives me what I need.
Please use plain text.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation