Re: Creating a Package for Windows 7 & XP Clients (323 Views)
Frequent Advisor
vinayagarwal1986
Message 1 of 4 (362 Views)
Accepted Solution

Creating a Package for Windows 7 & XP Clients

Hello Experts,

I am trying to create a package for Windows 7 & XP Clients.

What i want to do is Using Radia i want to put a URL icon on all users desktop.

Is there any way to do this in a single package. Any common commands for Windows 7 & XP.

Regards,

Vinay

Valued Contributor
Dirk-Jan Noorbergen
Message 2 of 4 (347 Views)

Re: Creating a Package for Windows 7 & XP Clients

What you can do is create a script, something like:

----

if exist "%systemdrive%\Documents and Settings\All Users\Desktop"(goto WinXP) else (goto Win7)

:WinXP

copy "%systemdrive%\temp\file.txt" "%systemdrive%\Users\All Users\Desktop"

goto end

:Win7

copy "%systemdrive%\temp\file.txt" "%systemdrive%\Documents and Settings\All Users\Desktop"

goto end

:end

Exit

----

You make a package that contains the script and the file you want to place on the desktop, and in de ZCREATE command you start the script.

Frequent Advisor
vinayagarwal1986
Message 3 of 4 (335 Views)

Thanks buddy.
Valued Contributor
Dirk-Jan Noorbergen
Message 4 of 4 (323 Views)

Hi,

I saw that I made a type. See below the correct example.

---

if exist "%systemdrive%\Documents and Settings\All Users\Desktop"(goto WinXP) else (goto Win7)

:WinXP

copy "%systemdrive%\temp\file.txt" "%systemdrive%\Documents and Settings\All Users\Desktop"

goto end

:Win7

copy "%systemdrive%\temp\file.txt" "%systemdrive%\Users\All Users\Desktop"

goto end

:end

Exit

---

In this case the file with the name FILE.TXT is placed on de desktop of all users.

Create the package and place it f.e. in C:\Temp. in ZCREATE you start the script (NATIVE cmd "%systemdrive%\temp\install.cmd"

What you also can do is place _NONE_ in ZVERIFY and ZUPDATE if you don't want verification and updating of the file.

You can also create a script to delete the file (if you want) and place the uninstall.cmd file in the same package. The uninstall.cmd should be started in BDELETE. If you use the BDELETE then the file is removed from the desktop before the source files are deleted from the client.

Regards,

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.