Corrupt Zmaster (234 Views)
Occasional Visitor
Doug_Davis
Message 1 of 2 (234 Views)

Corrupt Zmaster

Folks,

We have some 7.8 clients which are broke due to a bad zmaster object. The zmaster.edm object on the client appears to have been stuck in the bootstrap process.  I'm not sure why or even when this has occur, but the clients haven't processed a connect in over 35 days. We know if we replace the  LIB\ZMASTER.edm with the SYSTEM\ZMASTER.edm and restart the services the client starts processing.

Attached you will find a good and bad zmaster object.  What I'm looking to understand is how and when the LIB\ZMASTER.edm  get's changed. Understanding this would help me to better understand what's causing the client to stop processing the connect.

Doug Davis

Trusted Contributor
Pravs
Message 2 of 2 (204 Views)

Re: Corrupt Zmaster

Hi,

The ZMASTER in the lib directory gets updated as  a result of the agent conneect ( software, audit, patch, etc). If by just copying a different ZMASTER, agents work fine in your environment, you can compare the 2 objects.

To start with the CMD line and IPADDR values can give some clue.

Secondly, we could not see any attachment in the query.

-Praveen

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.