Cleaning HPCA Agent ID that are not being used anymore (Database Maintenance) (132 Views)
Occasional Visitor
pmopaco
Message 1 of 2 (132 Views)

Cleaning HPCA Agent ID that are not being used anymore (Database Maintenance)

Hi, is there an efficient and fast way of cleaning an HPCA Agent ID (computer name)? We usually are given a list of computer names to be taken out from HPCA's Database and what we usually do is to open the HPCA web console, go to the Operations Tab then click on Database maintenance. Once we're in there we copy and paste each computer names in the HPCA Agend ID search field and hit on the search. Most of the time, search time takes around 4-10 minutes and another 4-10 minutes to delete them. I'm finding a way on how to delete them X at a time  (5, 10, 20 at a time).

I know SQL is a great option but let us just say that we are being discouraged from going the SQL route as some team's say that it is very complicated to touch the database in the backend. Just by using the HPCA web console is there a way to delete many machines at a time?

Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
jlongo
Message 2 of 2 (98 Views)

Re: Cleaning HPCA Agent ID that are not being used anymore (Database Maintenance)

I developed a multi device_id delete method and added the functionality to my Doge application. All Evergreen HPCA support customers have access to my Doge utility and the Webulae Reporting Server with over 2000 custom HPCA SQL queries. You can see a demo of the utility by following the link below. There are about 30 different video's of both Doge and Webulae.   

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RSiTGvn05Vo

Please use plain text.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation