Re: Agent Deployment on Linux Device (393 Views)
Advisor
KumarS_3
Message 1 of 8 (416 Views)
Accepted Solution

Agent Deployment on Linux Device

Hi Everyone

I am using HPCAE 7.9. I have installed the core server and added the linux devices in to
the HPCA portal using the device classification
Linux. now i want to know that what is the process for the agent deployment on thses linux devices.as i know we can not deploy agent remotely on linux devices like windows devices through HPCAE portal. i read and gone through the patch management documents but from document it is not clear that how can i deploy agent on linux devices.so can anyone tell me that how can i deploy agent on linux devices.what commond is used for agent deployment on linux devices.

Thanks & Regards
Kumars
Valued Contributor
MariaC.
Message 2 of 8 (416 Views)

Re: Agent Deployment on Linux Device

Hi Kumars,

It is not the patch manager guide, but the AppMgr guide the one you have to review. Chapter 2 covers the installation methods for linux:
You can install the agents by:
â ¢ Executing the installation procedure directly from the HPCA media.
â ¢ Copying the files from the CD media into a temporary directory and executing the installation procedure.

You can access more information in the guide:
HP Client Automation Application Manager and Application Self-service Manager for Linux and Mac OS X operating systems Software Version: 7.90 - Installation and Configuration Guide:

You can access it here:
http://support.openview.hp.com/selfsolve/document/KM917356

I hope this helps!
Thanks
Maria
Esteemed Contributor
Gowhar Jan
Message 3 of 8 (416 Views)

Did you try deploying Linux Agent to a device from the HPCA Core console?

I don't have a documentation reference that I can point you to but you should be able to deploy Linux Agents remotely in 7.9.
Advisor
KumarS_3
Message 4 of 8 (416 Views)

Hi

I tried to deploy Linux agent remotely from HPCA core console.But I am unable to do so.I followed the process that Maria C told and deployed the agent successfully on linux device. But it is a manual process,Kindly let us know how to do the same remotely.

Thanks & Regards
Kumars
Esteemed Contributor
Gowhar Jan
Message 5 of 8 (416 Views)

Remote deployment of Linux Agent is performed in a similar way as Windows Agent.

When you import the Linux device by specifiying its IP address using Core console, select the device classification as 'Linux'.

Also ensure rsh is running on the Linux machine.
Advisor
KumarS_3
Message 6 of 8 (416 Views)

Hi Gowhar Jan

I folowed the same processor as you told.but agent deployment jobs gets failed. have u done it before.

Thanks & Regards
Kumars
Esteemed Contributor
Gowhar Jan
Message 7 of 8 (416 Views)

Hi,

Yes, i tried it successfully. Did you check whether RSH is running on your linux box?

Gowhar.
Advisor
Ziad BouChebel
Message 8 of 8 (393 Views)

Hello;

Could you please provide me with the steps to install the agen on linux manually 

thank you ion advance

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.