Storing and recalling numbers on the HP 50g (1381 Views)
Occasional Contributor
Larry B. Anderson
Message 1 of 4 (1,381 Views)

Storing and recalling numbers on the HP 50g

I am doing lab experiments where I have 6 different resistors R1=4.61 (Kohms, but units not needed), R2=0.987, R3=0.984, R5=3.006, and R6=4.721. What is the simplest way to store these numbers, then recall them from memory as needed in the calculations, and then finally delete them after I have completed the calculations? It is simple to do on my hp 11c, but I have not found an easy way to do it on my hp 50g... Also, what is the hp url of the best manual for hp 50g where I can search the manual for simple things like this? Best regards, Larry
Honored Contributor
Miguel Angel Caporalini
Message 2 of 4 (1,381 Views)

Re: Storing and recalling numbers on the HP 50g

Hi!, Larry:
For store global variables into memory in HOME directory (VAR) ...
1: 4.61 'R1' STO and press ENTER
Too, with EQW when you charge values into variables and press SOLVE, this global variables stored in HOME.
For recall, you only find the global variable in the function key (F1 ... F6).
Manuals, from ...
http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/DocumentIndex.jsp;jsessionid=dMpWLhyBGtYLx1YmMTQMmV...!1163649924?lang=en&cc=US&contentType=SupportManual&refresh=true&prodSeriesId=3235173&prodTypeId=215348

and ...
http://h20331.www2.hp.com/hpsub/cache/383680-0-0-225-121.html

and download from attachment clip.

Best Regards.
MACH.
Honored Contributor
Tim Wessman
Message 3 of 4 (1,381 Views)

You'll probably want to start with the attachment posted (click the paperclip on the previous post).

If you still have questions after reading and doing that quick tutorial, ask again and we can clarify.

TW
--

TW

Although I work for the HP calculator group, the views and comments expressed here are my own.
Esteemed Contributor
Bart dB
Message 4 of 4 (1,381 Views)

Hi Larry,

The 50G is what is referred to as an RPL calculator (in the line of the 28/48 series), and the 11C is the more traditional RPN calculator.

On RPN calculators one stores numbers directly into predefined registers or memories (either A to Z or 1 to 9 etc).

On RPL caculators one stores numbers as named variables. The advantage is that pretty much anything can be stored into these variables e.g. complex numbers, strings and programs. They are also then easily recalled from the VAR menu. You can even make directories to group variables for certain collective use. Be sure to read the Advanced User's Reference Manual on the scope of variables though.

Hope this helps to explain the differences a bit more.

regards
Bart
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.