Spearman's rank correlation test (HP 48gII) (348 Views)
Advisor
HE28
Message 1 of 4 (348 Views)

Spearman's rank correlation test (HP 48gII)

Hi. I'm given a sample and I write the rank of each number as follows:

a.gif

The first row is the sample and the second row are the ranks aa.giffor each number in the position i .

Now I need to calculate this value:

aaa.gif

where n is know (in my example is 14).  It seems pretty complicated to make this computation with lists... do you know any fast way?

Thanks!

Honored Contributor
Miguel Angel Caporalini
Message 2 of 4 (324 Views)

Re: Spearman's rank correlation test (HP 48gII)

[ Edited ]

Hi!, HE28:

Please, check in ... http://www.wikihow.com/Calculate-Spearman's-Rank-Correlation-Coefficient

Note: You can use the eqaution with d2.

Advisor
HE28
Message 3 of 4 (317 Views)

[ Edited ]

Is D2 the sample? If you could clarify and expand a lot more what you did in the calculator and what the variables are then I would really appreciete it because I didn't understand too much.

Edit: I'm working with one-sample test and not with two as your link suggests.

Edi2: I don't know why you're using solve equation. I have all the data I need for a numerical result.

Edit3: I think I found a way looking at the guide you sent. I create a list RANKs (in the order of the sample) and a list IND of indexes. Then I substract the index list to the RANKs one and finally I square the obtained list. After that I use the function to sum the elements of the list and that's what I put in the numerator in the formula. Is this right?

Thanks

Honored Contributor
Miguel Angel Caporalini
Message 4 of 4 (292 Views)

Hi!, HE28:

If you see the two pages of the next site, you can learn how use Spearman's rank correlation. Is very easy.

Look in ... https://statistics.laerd.com/statistical-guides/spearmans-rank-order-correlation-statistical-guide.p...

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.