Pre Released_1 - Emulator for Advanced HP PRIME GRAPHING CALCULATOR (non official) (16963 Views)
Honored Contributor
Miguel Angel Caporalini
Message 1 of 28 (16,963 Views)

Pre Released_1 - Emulator for Advanced HP PRIME GRAPHING CALCULATOR (non official)

[ Edited ]

Hi!, all:

From the next site, can downloaded the emulator ... https://app.box.com/s/8r45v5x6ur8b780tjrea or, from ... http://tiplanet.org/forum/archives_voir.php?id=19496

Trusted Contributor
Joseph Horn
Message 2 of 28 (16,923 Views)

Re: Pre Released_1 - Emulator for Advanced HP PRIME GRAPHING CALCULATOR (non official)

Please be aware that the Prime emulator in the link above differs in some ways from the HP Prime which will soon be available.  Reason: This is an old version of the emulator (13 June 2013, revision 4040) which is still under development.  Therefore you might find bugs which have been removed since June 13th.  Also, keep in mind that Prime is still in development, so some features which will eventually be in Prime might be missing from this old emulator version.

Nevertheless, if you find any bugs or have any suggestions, I'm quite sure that HP will be grateful to hear about them here.

Disclaimer: All of the above is my personal opinion only. I am not an HP employee.

-Joe-

-Joe-
Honored Contributor
Miguel Angel Caporalini
Message 3 of 28 (16,920 Views)

Re: Pre Released_1 - Emulator for Advanced HP PRIME GRAPHING CALCULATOR (non official)

[ Edited ]

Hi! Joseph (Joe):

This is a pre-released_1 version. It is not definitive, but I'm exploring with her and helped by the similarity with the HP39GII and PDF User Guide, until you exit the emulator official to serve those interested in this gem next to launch, have its logical expectation, but with better approximation.

About.JPG

Thanks, for writing.

I'm not an employee of HP. Simply, a honored contributor.

Note: IMHO, do not believe the official emulator, is available freely. It's probably for teacher or persons duly accredited.

Trusted Contributor
Joseph Horn
Message 4 of 28 (16,886 Views)

Just in case it isn't obvious: Press Prime's Help key, then tap the "Tree" menu button, then select "About HP Prime":

About HP Prime

Then tap OK (or press Enter) and you'll see the version you have (in the form of its date of release and the build number):

Prime software Version

Later versions may have additional information on this help page.  The misspelling of "Shortcut" in the tree above has already been caught and corrected.

-Joe-

-Joe-
Honored Contributor
Miguel Angel Caporalini
Message 5 of 28 (16,851 Views)

[ Edited ]

Hi!, Joe:

They are, two different things. One is the PC version (Pre-Released_1) and the other image, is the version of Software and CAS, respectively.

Occasional Visitor
tarapitha
Message 6 of 28 (16,685 Views)

Thank you for sharing, but the link tells that "The user hosting this content is out of bandwidth."...

Honored Contributor
Miguel Angel Caporalini
Message 7 of 28 (16,680 Views)

[ Edited ]

Hi!, tarapitha:

Welcome, to Forum!.

Try, again, from this link ... https://app.box.com/s/8r45v5x6ur8b780tjrea or, from ... http://tiplanet.org/forum/archives_voir.php?id=19496

Visitor
ab3ap
Message 8 of 28 (16,579 Views)

Hi Miguel,

It looks good up to the point of your screen shot.  If you click the 'download' button, I also get the same 'bandwidth exceeded' message.

Thanks,

Mike

Honored Contributor
Miguel Angel Caporalini
Message 9 of 28 (16,538 Views)

[ Edited ]

Hi!, ab3ap:

Welcome to Forum!.

Try again.

Visitor
ab3ap
Message 10 of 28 (16,524 Views)

Thanks, Miguel, for the welcome & the info.  Unfortunately, same result: "The user hosting this content is out of bandwidth."   :-(   I'll keep trying off and on in the coming days.  Better yet, maybe I'll get the gadget in my hands soon!

Mike

Honored Contributor
Miguel Angel Caporalini
Message 11 of 28 (16,520 Views)

Hi!, ab3ap:

Look, I have the zip file in format .rar, but your size is 46.8Mb. I do not know how I could, do send to you.

Visitor
ab3ap
Message 12 of 28 (16,518 Views)

Hi Miguel,

No problem & I'm also not sure how to easily transfer a large file.  So no worries.  With any luck, maybe there will eventually be a link on an hp site like there was for the HP-49g years back.  Till then, I'll just keep up to date with news on the new calc.

Thanks very much!

Mike

Honored Contributor
Miguel Angel Caporalini
Message 13 of 28 (16,474 Views)

[ Edited ]
Visitor
ab3ap
Message 14 of 28 (16,458 Views)

Got it, Miguel - thank you very much!  Now to go play with the new toy.  :-)

Thanks again,

Mike

Honored Contributor
Miguel Angel Caporalini
Message 15 of 28 (16,451 Views)

Hi!, ab3ap:

When installing HP PRIME emulator, see in Help. You can find the Quick Start Guide and the User Guide.

Occasional Visitor
tarapitha
Message 16 of 28 (16,376 Views)

Thank you! The installation run on Linux under Wine without any glitches and emulator seems to be functioanal.

Occasional Visitor
leighklotz
Message 17 of 28 (14,341 Views)

I am running the released emulator from CD under Wine on Linux and it appears to work, but the connectivity (cut/paste as described in http://h30499.www3.hp.com/t5/Calculators/HP-Prime-Programming-Efficiency-and-Backups/td-p/6181681#.U... ) does not work.

I've done chmod a+w /dev/bus/usb/002/010 (what lsusb shows).

Does anybody else have the HP Prime emulator under Wine on Linux working with Cut/Paste to the actual device?

Honored Contributor
Miguel Angel Caporalini
Message 18 of 28 (14,328 Views)

Hi!, leighklotz:

Welcome, to Forum!.

Look, I do not for Linux I can help because I have installed on my HP All in One PC 120 1026 LA, the emulator, with Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit. and it works perfectly, if you follow the steps indicated below ...

You can find the Edit, in the Emulator. Then, press Copy Screen. This copy, all the screen. Too, can select Border and size. Press Capture. Now, select Save, and open in your PC, Netbook or Netbook, the disk and directories. Select one in any format (.png, bmp, jpg, .gif or .tif). 

Now, suppose what you needed copy from PC to HP PRIME one program ... example ...

CASE

IF test1 THEN commands1 END
IF test2 THEN commands2 END

DEFAULT commands]
END;

You must have put the HP PRIME in Program with the keys ... Shift and 1 (Program). You must see, in screen ...

Program_1.JPG First, press Edit and you must see ...

Program_2.JPG 

Now, you needed transfer program to, this HP PRIME. Yoy must use copy and paste and now, you must see ...

Program_3.JPG

To conclude I will tell you, that the last existing emulator, is version ...

HP PRIME_4.JPG 

Now, this version is not free and only, for teachers or, advanced students. However, I think that, will come included in the HP CD, with HP PRIME GRAPHING CALCULATOR.

Occasional Visitor
leighklotz
Message 19 of 28 (14,294 Views)

Thanks Miguel,

I can copy and paste using Shift-Menu or the HP Prime Emulator Edit Menu on the emulator, and I can do the Shift-Menu and Shift-View on the calculator, but there is no transfer between them.  I assume this is a problem with Linux/USB connectivity.  The released CD package from HP also says Version 2013 8 5. Rev:4980 and it was included with the retail-purchased calculator.

Thank you!

Occasional Advisor
andercostald
Message 20 of 28 (14,226 Views)

Hi for all!!!

I'm a teacher and student of Mathematics. I like The HP Prime Graphing Calculator and I love the Linear Solver, Triangle Solver and Advanced Graphing Apps.

I am using the emulator and I tried to calculate some partial derivatives of a function of two or three variables (such X^2+XY for example), and I can't find the correct answers. How to find partial derivatives of a function in HP Prime correctly???

Honored Contributor
Miguel Angel Caporalini
Message 21 of 28 (14,221 Views)

Hi!, andercostald:

Welcome, to Forum!.

You can see, the examples in ... http://h30499.www3.hp.com/hpeb/attachments/hpeb/bsc-408/13750/1/HP_Prime_User_Guide_EN.pdf

Occasional Advisor
andercostald
Message 22 of 28 (14,214 Views)

[ Edited ]
  • Thanks for response...I am using the user guide that comes with the emulator, used the diff command and found now the answer!!! I didn't understand very well the diff command but none examples for two variables function was given in user guide.Now I can calculate these with facility!
Honored Contributor
Tim Wessman
Message 23 of 28 (14,189 Views)

[ Edited ]

The system was designed with the idea that if you are doing symbolic, exact operations - go to the CAS screen.

While you can use CAS commands in other places, there are some subtleties that can cause unexpected behavior. Just press CAS and do the calculations there and everything will behave as expected.

Also, everywhere in the calculator just press HELP and it will bring up associated help for whatever is selected, the screen you are looking at, etc.

--

TW

Although I work for the HP calculator group, the views and comments expressed here are my own.
Occasional Advisor
andercostald
Message 24 of 28 (14,166 Views)

TIM, in home screen i can use CAS.(command name) for using CAS commands, but is it not reccomendable???

Honored Contributor
Tim Wessman
Message 25 of 28 (14,157 Views)

[ Edited ]

If you are planning to do symbolic/exact calculations, it is recommended to use the CAS screen. For example, the parser in the home screen requires all objects exist already. So if you do not have a variable 'x' (lowercase) created in home or inside the cas, trying to do int(x^2,x) for example will error at the 'x'. In the CAS screen, this is not the case.

So yes, you can use the CAS elsewhere in the system, but the interactions can at time be unexpected.

--

TW

Although I work for the HP calculator group, the views and comments expressed here are my own.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.