HP Prime finance app time value of money amortization (303 Views)
Frequent Advisor
davetheguru
Message 1 of 2 (303 Views)

HP Prime finance app time value of money amortization

A useful feature of the amortization table would be toggle button between the the cumulative totals of Principal and Interest, as is done now, and the deltas (differences) between each group.

Frequent Advisor
davetheguru
Message 2 of 2 (230 Views)

Re: HP Prime finance app time value of money amortization

A good answer to this I found myself.  If you press the Plot key awhile in the app, if graphs the Interest + Principal for each group of payments.  The actual numbers are for the cursor selected group are displayed below the the graph.  You can move to different groups with the left/right arrow keys.

However, I see no way I can copy/paste the numbers in order to use somewhere else in the calculator.  They seem to be display only.

What would be closer to ideal would be to have the cumulative/delta button in the table display and also be able to copy and paste the entire table to a spreadsheet so one could play with the numbers better and play "what if"  (wasn't that an old HP slogan?)

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.