HP Prime Units: KWh not recognized (307 Views)
Frequent Advisor
davetheguru
Message 1 of 4 (307 Views)

HP Prime Units: KWh not recognized

I tried to make a Killo-watt-hours unit number with the menus:  enter number, Units->Energy->KWh.  However, the calculator just gives me "Syntax Error".  If I try again with using the prefixes "k" then Units->Energy->Wh, then it accepts the entry.  It seems like there is a typo in the source where the "K" should have been a "k".

Also, it was anoying to after using the Prefix menu, have to go back thru to the units desired.  It would be nicer to not have the menus exit complete but allow just going to the other from the main menu.  Or maybe better have a Prefix selection menu on every bottom units menu so that one could select the prefix and immediately select the unit.

Trusted Contributor
Joseph Horn
Message 2 of 4 (269 Views)

Re: HP Prime Units: KWh not recognized

Good catch!  You are right: The "K" in "KWh" should be "k".  Thankfully it'll be very easy for HP to fix that bug in the next upgrade.

I like your suggestions regarding the prefix menu, which is currently awkward.  Let's see what HP does with this one.

-Joe-

-Joe-
co_
Occasional Advisor
co_
Message 3 of 4 (234 Views)

davetheguru wrote:

It seems like there is a typo in the source where the "K" should have been a "k".

It's not a typo, kWh it is the correct form.

KWh would mean Kelvin*Watt*hour, therefore

the syntax error.

Co

co_
Occasional Advisor
co_
Message 4 of 4 (230 Views)

Sorry, now that i turned on the HP Prime, and I see the menu
I understand what you mean. It's certainly
a typo! :-)
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.