Re: HP Prime Summation Problem (507 Views)
Occasional Contributor
vdh-xavier
Message 1 of 6 (628 Views)

HP Prime Summation Problem

Hello,

I have a problem with the HP Prime and I have been trying all day to resolve it, but I couldn't.

I just want to do a sum and I always get an error. I join a picture of the error message.

Could someone tell me what I am doint wrong?

Thanks

Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
cyrille
Message 2 of 6 (583 Views)

Re: HP Prime Summation Problem

Hello,

The root cause of the problem is that the CAS does not support comma as a decimal separator. Selecting comma causes the sigma template to generate ; as arguement separators which is also not supported by the CAS.

I beleive (not sure) that the latest public release of Prime did fix this issue (by having the template recognize that you are in CAS and generate ',' as arguement separators). Which version do you have (click on help, tree, HP Prime to see the version number).

Other woraround with the older (august) version includes:

- using '.' mode instead of coma mode.

- Switch to Algebraic (instead of textbook) input

Cyrille

Please use plain text.
Occasional Contributor
vdh-xavier
Message 3 of 6 (541 Views)

Hello Cyrille,

Thank you for your answer.

I'm on software version 2013 8 13 (5106) and CAS version 1.1.0

How can I solve my problem?

Regards

Xavier

Please use plain text.
Frequent Advisor
davetheguru
Message 4 of 6 (532 Views)

I entered your summation problem, as shown in your photo and it works fine (answer= (Pi^2)/6).  My Prime's version is as of 2014 11 25.

I would suggest updating your firmware.  That can be done through the connectivity kit for the Prime.

Please use plain text.
Frequent Advisor
davetheguru
Message 5 of 6 (531 Views)

I should have type 2013 instead of 2014 (I don't get future updates!), so 2013 11 25

Please use plain text.
Honored Contributor
Tim Wessman
Message 6 of 6 (507 Views)

>I should have type 2013 instead of 2014 (I don't get future updates!), so 2013 11 25

That's too bad. I would have liked to see what we'd be up to for the next year! :-)

--

TW

Although I work for the HP calculator group, the views and comments expressed here are my own.
Please use plain text.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation