[HP Prime] Step by Step calculations + Trig simplify() and some other questions (1094 Views)
Occasional Visitor
Adriweb
Message 1 of 3 (1,094 Views)

[HP Prime] Step by Step calculations + Trig simplify() and some other questions

Hi,

I'm testing the HP Prime simulator software and I had a few questions :

- Other HP calcs had the ability to show step by step calculations on some CAS functions, like derivatives, once step/step has been enabled. Do you know if this is still available on the Prime ? (I couldn't find that setting in the CAS settings pages nor mentioned in the User Manual)

- Maybe a bit related to the question above, I've seen some "recursion level" in the CAS settings. I've try fiddling around with the values, but didn't see much changes to calculations. What's the purpose of this / how can I use it ?

- On trying several trig calculations, I noticed that unlike its main competitors (like the TI-Nspire CX CAS etc.), it couldn't fully simplify some cosine expressions like cos(pi/10) (which gives sin(2*pi/5) but should give 1/4*sqrt(2*(sqrt(5)+5))

Is it something that can be done through a specific CAS function that I missed while looking around ?

- Does anybody know if, like other HP devices, it's possible to "expand" the CAS by "teaching" it some new functions ?I've seen this quite awesome feature on HP forums I belive it was on the 50G...

- Do you know if, in the future, some more powerful programming language like Lua on the TI-Nspire will be available ?

While so far the HP Basic is quite fast as we can see, Lua on this powerful machine would be amazing.

Thanks,

Adrien Bertrand

TI-Planet.org

Honored Contributor
Miguel Angel Caporalini
Message 2 of 3 (997 Views)

Re: [HP Prime] Step by Step calculations + Trig simplify() and some other questions

[ Edited ]

Hi!, Adriweb:

You can see, this Workshop of CAS and others materials, from ... http://www.hpgraphingcalc.org/uploads/9/4/3/8/9438994/prime_workshop_v1_3.pdf

Occasional Visitor
Adriweb
Message 3 of 3 (970 Views)

Re: [HP Prime] Step by Step calculations + Trig simplify() and some other questions

Thanks, I'll look :)

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.