Re: HP 50g - graph of library function (419 Views)
Occasional Visitor
keef29
Message 1 of 4 (506 Views)
Accepted Solution

HP 50g - graph of library function

Hello,

I try to graph e.g. the distribution function UTPN (cumulative normal distribution) with two parameters fixed and the third as variable. I tried unsuccessfully in the 2D/3D window (ALG mode):

a) entering the function UTPN(0,5,X). When I want to type ( ) (Left Shift -) it beeps and no way.

b) entering the function utpn(0,5,X). It accepts input and attempts graphing, but only the axes appear. When looking at TABLE, I see all Y1 being "Error".

c) entering the function by using CAT and choosing function UTPN in equation editor. It gives "... too few arguments."

How can I accomplish this?

Thanks for answers,

Franz

Frequent Advisor
andy11
Message 2 of 4 (429 Views)

Re: HP 50g - graph of library function

In my opinion it seems to be a bug in 50g rom

I got "bad argument type" (ROM 2.15) instead of yours too few arguments

When you get only coordinates instead of plot try to use zoom with zin or zout, maybe you'all see the plot if you are lucky :-)

Trusted Contributor
Joseph Horn
Message 3 of 4 (419 Views)

UTPN is a command, not a function.  That means (among other things) that it cannot be used inside an algebraic expression.  You may, however, include UTPN in a user-defined function, such as this one:

<< -> X << 0 5 X UTPN >> >>

Save that using any name you wish, e.g. Utpn, and then graph that new function, e.g. Utpn(X).

Let us know whether that works for you or not.

-Joe-
Frequent Advisor
andy11
Message 4 of 4 (405 Views)

Thank you, it works just fine

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.