HP 50G sine regression (392 Views)
Advisor
JOHN MULLEN
Message 1 of 5 (392 Views)

HP 50G sine regression

Hi, Does anyone know how to do sine regression on the HP 50G? I have stored the data in EDAT.
Cheers!
Please use plain text.
Honored Contributor
Tim Wessman
Message 2 of 5 (392 Views)

Re: HP 50G sine regression

Unfortunately, there isn't really any way to do a SIN regression in the 50g. The built in statistics capabilities of the 50g are very shallow. . . :-(

TW
--

TW

Although I work for the HP calculator group, the views and comments expressed here are my own.
Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
Hal Bitton
Message 3 of 5 (392 Views)

Hi John,
There is a model fitting program called MODA on the HPCALC.ORG website that is really very powerful. It comes with a lot of regression functions built in, and lets you write your own functions as well. One of the included functions is cosine regression, which should do what you need. To get the function in terms of SIN you would of course simply subtract pi/2 from the phase angle of the COSINE function. You could also write your own SIN function and add it to the catalog, which I did just now, and that works as well.
Download it here http://www.hpcalc.org/search.php?query=moda

Best regards, Hal
Please use plain text.
Respected Contributor
H. Berber
Message 4 of 5 (392 Views)

Please use plain text.
Respected Contributor
H. Berber
Message 5 of 5 (392 Views)

I tested this program from the attachment now and compared it with MATLAB. Its very sensitive! Be careful if you use this program.
HB

Please use plain text.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation