10-05-2013 10:04 AM
Welcome, to Forum!.
Check in your HP PRIME GRAPHING CALCULATOR, what is this your version. Maybe, is the ultimate. Firmware only update if HP have next version.
For the emulator, the ultimate version is ...
10-15-2013 04:11 AM - edited 10-16-2013 11:54 AM
You have un your HP PRIME, the ultimate version. With the firmware, you can update only, with next version.
10-15-2013 10:15 PM
Thanks a lot,
but unfortunately I have dowloaded SDK0.30 to my HP Prime, and can not recover to the original.
I should make a backup by using 'Creat mNand Image'.
10-16-2013 12:25 PM
Please, check this instructions, step by step in the SDK0.30 ...
HP Prime Manual Firmware Update:
1) Download firmware files and unzip to a folder.
2) Wipe calculator (optional) a Hold down F,C and O buttons while resetting calculator b At menu, press 4,3 and then Enter c When format is complete, proceed to step 3.
3) Reset calculator (button on back) while holding the "Symb" button (will display either ARM update tool or recovery mode screen).
4) Connect the calculator using USB cable (wait for USB, to recognize device).
5) Run usbtool.exe
6) Select "Auto update" check box.
7) Click "Update" button (blue bars will show as the unit is updated).
8) Reset calculator.
Note: if any step fails, please start, from step 3.
07-12-2014 08:32 PM
Windows *8 does not recognize this software/firmware. As a matter of fact, windows 8 does not read HP 35s CD either. Prime calculator has major design problems, and the designers are the majority percentage of the problems.
07-13-2014 03:26 AM - edited 07-13-2014 03:31 AM
Do not try to install or use the file HP_Prime_Calculator_Firmware_20140331.zip
Please install HP_Prime_Connectivity_Kit_20140331.exe
Once the connectivity kit is installed, update the calculator.
The following method is recommended:
- Connect your HP Prime calculator via the supplied USB cable (directly connected, do not use a USB hub)
- Start the HP Connectivity Kit
- Click the Calculator tab
- Right-click the name of the HP Prime you wish to update (it would be the one you connected before starting this procedure)
- Make a note of the version number and then click the OK button
- Click on the Help Menu and select Check for update
- Check for update pop-up box, check version number that it is newer than the one you wish to update.
- Then click download button
- That's it, you'll see on the screen of your calculator the update being loaded and installed. Don't click too fast to get out of the HP Connectivity Kit, wait a minute or so after completion.
- Also, there is a step in the Connectivity Kit where it is advised to back-up the version you had before you run the procedure, just in case. That way you have a way to re-cover.
If you have connection problems, try a different USB port or a different USB cable.
07-14-2014 07:18 AM
I suspect the reason it is not "recognized" is that you don't have a 7zip capable achive utility installed. Install 7zip (http://www.7-zip.org/) and it will open just fine.
However, Bart db's steps and description is correct. Installing, or attempting to install, random files from some person on the internet is not advised. Once the connectivity kit is installed it will automatically let you know when there are updates availiable.
As to your comment on the 35s CD, I just checked it and it loaded just fine on 3 different win 8 machines. I suspect the problem is something on your end. Thanks for the report!
Although I work for the HP calculator group, the views and comments expressed here are my own.
07-26-2014 06:27 PM
The ultimate firmware for HP39GII and HP PRIME, available from ... ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/calculators/