EVAL with variables from other directories (148 Views)
Occasional Visitor
bosch92
Message 1 of 2 (148 Views)

EVAL with variables from other directories

I use a HP50g calculator to solve heat transfer exercises.

I have some variables with REAL values stored in a folder, for example 'T0' with a value of 30, and 'T1' with a value of 50.

I also have in the same folder some expressions such as 'Tm', that stores the equation '(T0+T1)/2'.

Then I EVAL the expressions, for example EVAL for 'Tm' would give me 40, as it is (30+50)/2.

But in order to do that, I need to store all the variables and expressions IN THE SAME FOLDER, and I use about 50 variables, which makes it messy to navigate through the folder.

Is there anyway I can EVAL expressions that use variables from other directories?

Let's say I have to solve some problems of the type 'PIPE1', and others from the 'PIPE2'. I'd like to set up some structure such as:

• HOME
    • HEAT TRANSFER
      • PIPE1
      • WATER PROPIERTIES
      • PIPE GEOMETRY
      • PIPE MATERIAL PROPIERTIES
      • PIPE2
      • AIR PROPIERTIES
      • STEAM PROPIERTIES
      • PIPE GEOMETRY

and I would need that any expression stored in STEAM PROPIERTIES looked recursively for the variables in any subfolder inside he PIPE2 directory.

Is there any way I could do that?

Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
cyrille
Message 2 of 2 (118 Views)

Re: EVAL with variables from other directories

Hello,

It has been a LONG time since I last used the 50g, but you should be able to do {directory variable} RCL to get your variable without changing directory and while keeping your directory structure. 'directory\variable' might also work, but I am not sure.

cyrille
Please use plain text.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation