Re: Dealing with functions (100 Views)
Occasional Contributor
Mickpc
Message 1 of 4 (149 Views)

Dealing with functions

I am trying to figure out how to plot a function that is held a solver Variable. If I store the said equation in, say, E1 I can then solve it. But when I want to plot the same function it needs to be in a different format for plotting.

What I am trying to do is store the equation in a program and then solve it and plot it, as well. Is there any trick to this?

For the solver I can use any combinations of variables I want, but when It comes to plotting, you cannot seem to set the dependent and independt variables for the plot.

Oh and as a random question is anyone working on an equation browser?

Mick C

HP_Prime_an_introduction

Please use plain text.
Valued Contributor
Joseph Horn
Message 2 of 4 (129 Views)

Re: Dealing with functions

[ Edited ]

Here's one possible way of doing it: STARTVIEW(1) will graph both sides of the currently selected equation in the Solver (assuming that the Solver is the current app, of course).  Make sure that only one equation is selected.

However, plotting from the solver only makes sense after the solver has solved the equation, so I suggest doing a STARTVIEW(2) first, to force the Numeric View to appear, which is where solving is done.  Whatever variable is left selected in the Numeric View will be the independent variable in the graph.

-Joe-

-Joe-
Please use plain text.
Occasional Contributor
Mickpc
Message 3 of 4 (104 Views)

Thank you for the Reply Joe. The problem is with the diffrent formats of the equations in E1 and V1 (Solver and Advanced Graphing.) E1 handles the variables fine, but V1 wants the variables in terms of x and y. So I either have to rewrite the formula or deal with reassinging the variables somehow.

Here is what I am trying to do, I have another program that solves the formula for I and Vd.

Shockley Plot 

EXPORT Is,Vd,Vt,n; 

EXPORT SHOCKLEYP() 

BEGIN 

'I=10ᴇ12*(e^(Vd/(1*26ᴇ3))-1)'V1; 

STARTVIEW(1); 

//STARTAPP("Advanced Graphing") 

END;

Kind Regards

Mick C

HP Prime, a Gentle introduction.

Please use plain text.
Occasional Contributor
Mickpc
Message 4 of 4 (100 Views)

[ Edited ]

I have a solution, solve for the independent variable first in the solver menu.

Thank you

Mick C

HP Prime, a Gentle introduction.

Please use plain text.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation