Re: uCMDB 10 Universal Discovery Inventory not discovery CIs (620 Views)
Advisor
za_phu
Message 1 of 3 (653 Views)

uCMDB 10 Universal Discovery Inventory not discovery CIs

[ Edited ]

Hello Expert,

Now,i used UCMDB version 8.07 and i have try to test UCMDB version 10 for upgard UCMDB new version on VM environment.
And i have installed UCMDB Server and Data flow prob on VM No.1 and then create Inventory Discovery activity (UDI) for discovery VM No.2 in Data Flow Prob Setup then activedted and run discovery.

But, Inventory Discovery not discovery CI.
Please help and advise me for solve this case.

PS. 2 VM Evironment installed OS windows server 2008 R2 Ent. and SQL Server 2008 R2.

Thanks,

za_phu

HP Expert
Dima Gomel
Message 2 of 3 (623 Views)

Re: uCMDB 10 Universal Discovery Inventory not discovery CIs

Hi,

There is a good chance that the reason that discovery for 192.168.195.143 doesn't started because 192.168.195.143 isn't pingable from the probe machine at 192.168.195.142.

Please check this.

When  IP for 192.168.195.143 will be created, other jobs will start running. 

Regards
-Dima, HP Support
If you find that this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.
Click the Like button at bottom to say 'Thanks'
I'll be happy to be in touch at LinkedIn .
HP Expert
Dima Gomel
Message 3 of 3 (620 Views)

Re: uCMDB 10 Universal Discovery Inventory not discovery CIs

[ Edited ]

In case, if the host you're trying to ping has more than one interface exposed to UCMDB, there is a chance that answer from the PING coming from interface different from UCMDB was pinging to. UCMDB is filtering such answers by default.

In this case, please change virtualModeDiscover parameter on RangeIPsbyICMP job according to attached screenshot.

Please try to run the job.

In case IP will be created, you'll need to change the parameter for adapter.

Regards
-Dima, HP Support
If you find that this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.
Click the Like button at bottom to say 'Thanks'
I'll be happy to be in touch at LinkedIn .
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.