Sybase Driver Error (223 Views)
Valued Contributor
Ashokkumar_1
Message 1 of 4 (223 Views)
Accepted Solution

Sybase Driver Error

Hi,
I have installed UCMDB10.01 on Windows Platform.
I tried to perform the Discovery of Sybase Database ,but its failing the driver error.
I have got the Jconn4.jar file and uploaded the DFM probe server as well. I have also tried with different versions of JConn2,Jconn3 etc., but every time it failed with the following error
<log start="02:08:24" severity="debug">com.sybase.jdbc4.SybDriver</log>
<log start="02:08:24" severity="debug">
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "SQL_Connection", line 93, in connectByProtocol
ClassNotFoundException: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: com.sybase.jdbc4.SybDriver
</log>
<log start="02:08:24" severity="debug">SQL: Internal error. Details: com.sybase.jdbc4.SybDriver</log>
<log start="02:08:24" severity="error">Failed to connect using all protocols</log>
<log start="02:08:24" severity="debug">Reporting error code 103 to framework.</log>
<log start="02:08:24" severity="debug">Error message is: SQL: Internal error. Details: com.sybase.jdbc4.SybDriver</log

Few more Information:
1. I have updated the Globalsettings.xml file also based on the Jconn Version
Sybase>com.sybase.jdbc.SybDriver</Sybase>
to
<Sybase>com.sybase.jdbc3.SybDriver</Sybase>

2.I have restarted the Probe Services after placing the Jar files on the Probe Server

Can anyone provide a solution

Regards
Ashok

Trusted Contributor
b_bravi
Message 2 of 4 (219 Views)

Re: Sybase Driver Error

if you look at the error message it says

com.sybase.jdbc4.SybDriver,

hope we are using the correct driver, could you check the doucmentation whether it ismentiond about this.

rgds

raveendra

Valued Contributor
Ashokkumar_1
Message 3 of 4 (217 Views)

Hi,
I tried with Different Versions of Jconn.jar file like Jconn2, Jconn3 and Jconn4. Accordingly we have to update the Jdbc version in the global settings.xml file.
Since i was tryign with jconn4 so i have updated with the same version of jdbc4 in the globalsettings xml file

Thanks
Ashok
Valued Contributor
Ashokkumar_1
Message 4 of 4 (199 Views)

Hi,
I was able to replace the Jconn4.jar and then updated the globalsettings.xml, restarted the services and was able to run the Discovery Job successfully now.

Regards
Ashok
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.