Re: Sybase Discovery (841 Views)
Valued Contributor
Message 1 of 7 (841 Views)

Sybase Discovery

[ Edited ]

I'm trying to run the job Sybase Database Connection by SQL and I'm getting the following error:

SQL: Internal error. Details: Jars library not found for Sybase. Place them under e:\hp\UCMDB\DataFlowProbe\bin\..\runtime\probeManager\discoveryResources\db\sybase

What Jars are they talking about and where can I get them?

P.S. this thread has been moved from Application Perf Mgmt (BAC / BSM) Support and News Forum to CMS and Discovery Support and News Forum. - Hp Forum Moderator

HP Expert
Message 2 of 7 (841 Views)

Re: Sybase Discovery

JARs that contain JDBC drivers to make connection to Sybase DB. Ask your Sybase DBA for the drivers, or Sybase Support, or just google them.
Valued Contributor
Message 3 of 7 (841 Views)

Can you give me the name of the jar file the script is looking for? Or maybe post the files that I'll need?
Super Advisor
Message 4 of 7 (839 Views)

Hi,

Try JCONN2.jar or jconn3.jar.

But I am also facing the same kind of issue. I have got these jar files and also modified the path setting in Discovery Probe properties file as appilog.database.sybase.driver=com.sybase.jdbc2.jdbc.SybDriver

But still I am getting the error com.sybase.jdbc.SybDriver , Class Not Found Exception.

Any Pointers on this.

REgards,
AG
Advisor
Message 5 of 7 (815 Views)

Hi Atul,

Did you ever manage to solve this issue?

I found the jConnect driver, but this appears to be using newer versions of jdbc than the Discovery wants.

I have searched the sybase site and have not been able to find these older sybase drivers....

Thanks,

Tamer

Regular Advisor
Message 6 of 7 (758 Views)

hi atul i have same problem.

do you find any solution?

Honored Contributor
Message 7 of 7 (619 Views)

Dear Gcuervo,
I found that the mistake that we use com.sybase.jdbc3.sybdriver class while this is not the correct name
The correct class name that should be include has com.sybase.jdbc<number>.jdbc.sybdriver

so if you are using jconn3 type

com.sybase.jdbc3.jdbc.sybdriver

If you use jconn4.jar type
com.sybase.jdbc4.jdbc.sybdriver g

this has to be modified in globalSettings.xml in thw following directories

<DataFlowProbe dir>\runtime\probeManager\discoveryResources\db\Sybase
<DataFlowProbe dir>\runtime\probeGateway\discoveryResources\db\Sybase

and modify DiscoveryProbe.properties
<DataFlowProbe dir>\Conf\

Regards,
Mahmoud Ibrahim
http://www.mahmoudthoughts.com
  • Say thanks by clicking the "Kudos! Star" which is on the left.

• Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with "Accept as Solution" if it solves your issue.
  • The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.