Invalid Content Pack Errors in cmdb.dal.log (597 Views)
Occasional Advisor
EfsyEngi
Message 1 of 6 (597 Views)
Accepted Solution

Invalid Content Pack Errors in cmdb.dal.log

Greetings,

We looked through our cmdb.dal.log and found multiple occurences of this error:

2013-08-12 19:01:16,548 [UCMDB - global framework scheduler] ERROR Failed to execute command [CmdbDalAddCPCommand] time [15108 ms] customer ID [-2147483648] operation stack [N/A] 
com.mercury.topaz.cmdb.server.manage.dal.CmdbDalException: [ErrorCode [-2147483648] undefined error code]
Error adding Content Pack Version [-1.0.0] to database
Caused by: java.lang.RuntimeException: Content Pack Version [-1.0.0] already exists in the database.
	at com.hp.ucmdb.cp.dal.CmdbDalAddCPCommand.writeCP(CmdbDalAddCPCommand.java:71)
	... 15 more

I then checked the CP versions and found that -1.0.0 was present in the list. I stopped the service, deleted the rogue content pack from the server and restarted. Invoking the JMX mbean to check the CP versions shows that -1.0.0 is no longer there, but cmdb.dal.log is still throwing these errors. I checked the Server content packs directory and found that CP -1.0.0 was rewritten. I also cleaned and restarted the probe too, to no effect.

Checking the contents of CP -1.0.0 reveals that it is the parent zip for a content pack update, likely inserted by mistake during an upgrade.

Any suggestions on where this rouge CP -1.0.0 may still exist in the DB or why cmdb keeps rewriting the file?

HP Expert
Dima Gomel
Message 2 of 6 (584 Views)

Re: Invalid Content Pack Errors in cmdb.dal.log

[ Edited ]

There is a known problem related to incorrect deplyment of CP in previous attempt. The defect for the problem was open internally and will be fixed in future version.

The workaround is simple:

1. shut down the UCMDB server.
  2. delete the corrupted CP file from the file system
  3. delete the CP_-1.0.0.zip file that was created as a result of syncing the corrupted CP from the DB
  4. delete the CP from the DB -
                   DELETE FROM CONTENT_PACKS WHERE VERSION <> <valid cp version>
  5. start the UCMDB server

Check the content of USMDBServer\content\content_packs dirrectory. One of the files there is in format that can't be deployed...

If you feel uncomfortable with changing DB directly, please raise new support case.

Hope this helps.

Regards
-Dima, HP Support
If you find that this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.
Click the Like button at bottom to say 'Thanks'
I'll be happy to be in touch at LinkedIn .
Occasional Advisor
EfsyEngi
Message 3 of 6 (578 Views)

Thank you Dima, we'll work on implementing these steps and I'll mark the solution when we push it through.

The link does not seem to be working for me, do you mind pasting the text of the problem article?

HP Expert
Dima Gomel
Message 4 of 6 (572 Views)

Sorry, the problem was found by QA on internal testing flow. The problem happened as result of using incorrect install flow for previous CP installation.

Regards
-Dima, HP Support
If you find that this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.
Advisor
Martijn_1
Message 5 of 6 (413 Views)

[ Edited ]

Hi Dima,

I ran into this issue when upgrading from 10.01.CUP6.438 (CP12.08.1009) to 10.10 CP13

The issue in my case was with Contentpack 12.08.1009.

The content-install component failed for the Default Client during the upgrade process.

I noticed that the CP_12.08.1009.zip file was available in the contentpack folder (in my case d:\hp\ucmdb\ucmdbserver\content\content_packs)

But the file was only 36 Mb of size and corrupt (I could not open the zip). The file should be around 76 Mb of size I found out.

I stopped the uCMDB Server Service removed the file from the file system and executed the SQL statement on the SQL database.

In my case --> DELETE FROM CONTENT_PACKS WHERE VERSION 12.08.1009

After a restart of the service the corrupted file appeared again.

I stopped the uCMDB server service again.

I removed the corrupted file and copied the file from another server (i checked this file and I was able to see content in the zip)  to the content pack folder and restarted te service.

Now the content-install did not fail anymore and the upgrade continued without any issues.

HP Expert
Dima Gomel
Message 6 of 6 (405 Views)

Thanks for the info.

I'm happy that you found the way out!

Regards
-Dima, HP Support
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.