01-14-2014 06:27 AM
Using "Host Connections by SNMP" to discover switches doesn't worked for me ....
I just want to discover switches (over IP range), to launch layer2 jobs, but i can't because switches are not recognized ...
Do you have best practices or any idea to do that ??? with another protocol than SNMP ?
thanks in adavance
01-14-2014 11:44 AM
- Did you configure SNMP on switches?
- if yes , what is the SNMP version you use ?
- Have you added SNMP. credentials?
- Did you make sure that there SNMP ports are through the firewall?
- Have u added switches ip ranges into UCMDB?
please post the message you got as well
01-15-2014 02:21 AM
Thank you for your reply !
Here are my answers :
- Did you configure SNMP on switches? => YES
- if yes , what is the SNMP version you use ? => v1/v2c
- Have you added SNMP. credentials? => YES, but there is perhaps a limitation of the source which can ask SNMP "requests" ... i'm actually checking this point with our network team ...
- Did you make sure that there SNMP ports are through the firewall? => YES
- Have u added switches ip ranges into UCMDB? => YES
01-22-2014 07:25 AM
Please let us know the model of the switch you are failing to discover and attach communication log from one of the problematic destinations.
-Dima, HP Support
If you find that this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.
Click the KUDOS star on the left to say 'Thanks'
I'll be happy to be in touch at LinkedIn .