Re: Creating XML mapping files for Integration between ServiceNow and HP UCMDB (668 Views)
Regular Advisor
Praveen_Shan
Message 1 of 9 (742 Views)

Creating XML mapping files for Integration between ServiceNow and HP UCMDB

Hi all,

UCMDB: 9.05.CUP12.351

DDM Content Pack: 11.08.802

I am following the document, ServiceNow Integration and trying to create XML mapping files for TQL queries.

I have a basic question about the contents of the xml file sample that is available in the OOTB package.

Where do I find the id for each of the CI types in the Integration TQL ?

Please check attached files.

Thanks,

Praveen

Please use plain text.
HP Expert
Dima Gomel
Message 2 of 9 (733 Views)

Re: Creating XML mapping files for Integration between ServiceNow and HP UCMDB

Please perform following steps:

Right Click on TQL -> Export to XML.

Regards
-Dima, HP Support
If you find that this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.
Click the KUDOS star on the left to say 'Thanks'
I'll be happy to be in touch at LinkedIn .
Please use plain text.
Regular Advisor
Praveen_Shan
Message 3 of 9 (727 Views)

That was easy!
Thanks for your quick response Dima.
Please use plain text.
Regular Advisor
Praveen_Shan
Message 4 of 9 (668 Views)

Hi Dima,

The XML mapping files that I was looking for are located at

/opt/HP/UCMDB/UCMDBServer/runtime/fcmdb/CodeBase/ServiceNowPushAdapter/mappings

Right Click on TQL -> Export to XML : Gives us the xml format of the TQL.

But, I was trying to map the attributes in uCMDB with that of Service now for the push operation. Each integration TQL has to have an associated XML mapping file of the same name.

Just thought of sharing. Pardon me if my question was not clear in the post.

Thanks,

Praveen

Please use plain text.
Advisor
bsmarchitect3
Message 5 of 9 (561 Views)

can you please explain in detail the steps you used , did you modify push adapter  oob sample query in ucmdb ? jython scripts ? did you use core servicenow cmdb_ci table only?

Please use plain text.
Regular Advisor
Praveen_Shan
Message 6 of 9 (543 Views)

Hi,

Not many changes were made to the OOTB HP Service Now push adapter. We leveraged the existing package with custom .jar files as we use Web service import sets to push data from uCMDB.

Just a couple changes to the OOTB Jython script; one to set the debug level to 5 and the other one to avoid sending NULL integer values( we had an issue sending attributes[Integer data type] with blank values)

The Service Now team created tables for each CI type that were extended from the cmdb_ci table. Cannot explain this in detail as I'm not a SNow guy.

Steps:
1: Create integration queries in uCMDB to retrieve specific CI types and relationships that are intended to be pushed to SN.
2: Create XML mapping files to map uCMDB CI types, relationships and CI attributes with the SN model. We started off with the OOTB xml and added several other attributes per customer requirement.
3: Create .jar files for Service Now push adapter - A SNow developer provides us Web Service Import Set WSDLs using which jar files are created and packaged together with other resources for deployment.
4: Create an integration point to connect uCMDB instance with the Service Now instance in Integration studio.
5: Create and run/schedule Integration jobs for Service Now push adapter.

Sources used: Service Now wiki and HP Service now integration manual.

Thanks,
Praveen

Please use plain text.
Advisor
kaylabrown
Message 7 of 9 (507 Views)

we are working on similar xml mapping. was webservice import sets supported by push adapter. because in integration documentation it was mentioned web service import sets were not supported.also how did you create .jar files for custom table wSDL or for database tables in snow
Please use plain text.
Advisor
kaylabrown
Message 8 of 9 (472 Views)

Praveen, how many snow ws imports sets were needed. From ucmdb where you able to include CI relationships also? No modification was needed to the OOB ucmdb 10.01 TQL sample query? Did you need to install Apache Axis 2 for regenerating jar files for wsdltojava for the new snow ws import set wsdls? 

Please use plain text.
Regular Advisor
Praveen_Shan
Message 9 of 9 (463 Views)

Hi Kayla,

Sorry, it took me some time to reply to your messages.

I read the Integration document and saw the limitation. We had to use a Service Now expert to write Scripted Web Services for us and it worked.

1: The new WSDL's were created by a SNOW developer for each of the CI types that we wanted to push from uCMDB to SNOW CMDB.
2: The scripted web services provide the required response back to the uCMDB for SOAP insert operation(add, update, delete).
3: Import set tables were created to temporarily store the CI and attribute information that were pushed from uCMDB.
Web Service Transform Maps were used to determine if the CI in the Import Set Table is a CMDB add or update operation using Coalesce values.
4: Relationship pushes bypass the import set tables and are directly added from the Service Now CMDB via direct web service calls.
5: For each WSDL, a jar file is created using a standard procedure using Axis and Ant. Service Now support will be able to provide you with the steps.

I've attached a screen shot of a custom integration TQL for Unix CI. The specific attributes you want to send for a particular CI type should be added to the Element Layout tab.
In the above example, the three CI types, Unix, IP Address and CPU as well as containment relationships are pushed.

Thanks,

Praveen

Please use plain text.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation