New software offering helps clients optimize usage and minimize audit liability through Oracle-verified discovery and automatic Oracle license compliance
Today HP introduced a new offering that gives clients an automated License Management Solution supporting Oracle's License Management Service (LMS) which promotes the management, governance, and awareness of the use and distribution for Oracle systems. The new offering consists of:
- HP Universal Discovery for Oracle License Management Implementation Software (UD for Oracle Licensing), verified by Oracle
- HP Asset Manager Software Asset Management (SAM) best practice package, v 188.8.131.52, which takes advantage of UD for Oracle Licensing
The new HP Universal Discovery for Oracle License Management Implementation Software (UD for Oracle Licensing) provides clients the ability to discover all their Oracle Databases, Database Options, Management Packs and Hardware information. It is capable of gathering the same data collected by Oracle LMS engagement teams using LMS methodologies. Oracle and HP customers can be assured that all critical metrics required to accurately assess a client's compliance are collected meeting Oracle's exacting standards. The results delivered using this new product are accepted by Oracle, as if collected by their own LMS engagement team. At a moment’s notice, HP UD for Oracle Licensing clients can run an internal Oracle compliance discovery job, publish results within HP Universal Configuration Management Database (UCMDB) and then export a packaged bundle of technical reports to send to Oracle for official verification.
The Oracle usage and licensing metrics recorded in HP UCMDB can be leveraged by HP Asset Manager (AM), using an advanced module for Software Asset Management (SAM) to proactively control licensing risks and report on the actual software consumption. HP SAM converts UD for Oracle Licensing inventory data into license liability data applying Oracle licensing rule. HP SAM also produces compliance reports that reconcile the license entitlements with the actual license deployments. It enables license optimization by identifying over-spend; and mitigates the risks of penalties during the vendor audits. HP SAM best practice package, which contains Oracle complex licensing terms and conditions and automatically provides the compliance status and costs, is updated and released quarterly to reflect any changes in vendors’ licensing policies.
HP Discovery software offerings are currently being used by 40 percent of the Fortune 50, as well as six out of the seven largest global automotive manufacturers, and four out of the five largest global telecommunication service providers. HP Asset Manager is a leading solution of IT asset management, delivering value to large enterprise customers for over 15 years.
Together, HP Universal Discovery and HP Asset Manager can help you gain efficiency by automating license management tasks for your Oracle systems:
- Gather the install base data: Discovery of all Oracle databases, database options, management packs and hardware information using Oracle-verified methods
- Save the burden of on-site audits: Production of technical reports for Oracle whenever needed
- Make the data actionable: Conversion of inventory data into license liability data reflecting the Oracle licensing model
- Track all Oracle license and maintenance contracts: Ongoing management of terms and conditions for Oracle
- Assess delta between used and purchased licenses: Reporting on software compliance including costs and recommended actions
HP UD for Oracle Licensing is available worldwide in 10 languages and sold through HP Channel Partners. HP SAM best practice package, which automates Oracle compliance calculation, can be downloaded from HP Live Network
Additional information about the HP UD for Oracle Licensing is available at: www.hp.com/go/UD
Additional information about HP Software Asset Management is available at: www.hp.com/go/AssetManagementSoftware