Re: vl400 beeps, what do they mean? (79 Views)
Occasional Contributor
Adam Heltemes
Message 1 of 4 (79 Views)

vl400 beeps, what do they mean?

[ Edited ]

Hello all,

I have a vl400. When hitting the start button, I get three loooongggg beeps that almost sound like a dial up connection, followed up by two short beeps. Do any of you wonderfull people have any idea what this means?

Thanks again,
-Adam

P.S. This thread has been moevd from Archived Desktops and Workstations Boards > Windows based to Business PCs - Evo, Deskpro, Vectra, Kayak, Brio, e-PC. - Hp Forum Moderator

Advisor
Daniel Rodríguez
Message 2 of 4 (79 Views)

Re: vl400 beeps, what do they mean?

Hi Adam,

Looks like you are having some kind of problems with the power supply. (2 beeps means PS in Protected Mode). Maybe is not so bad. Check for a 115-230 volt switch in the back. Make sure it's set to the proper voltage. If that does not work, try replacing the power source/ups where your VL400 is Plugged in.

You could even check inside for the wire connected from the Power supply to the Motherboard, maybe is loose or faulty.

Godd Luck.

Dan
Occasional Contributor
Adam_226
Message 3 of 4 (79 Views)

I forgot to tell you that you were correct. I replaced the power sup. Everything worked great.

Cheers,
-Adam
Occasional Visitor
Pekka Yrjölä
Message 4 of 4 (79 Views)

Hi!

I can use my computer for some minutes, but afterall it crashes with three "dial up" beeps and after that 6 shorter beeps. What does that mean? Is there some guide out there, where I could check those errorcodes?

Thanks!

-Pekka
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.