video doesn't initialize after Geforce MX install on Kayak (168 Views)
Occasional Visitor
Ben Jokisch
Message 1 of 2 (168 Views)

video doesn't initialize after Geforce MX install on Kayak

[ Edited ]

My cousin bought a new video card for his older Kayak XA (it's a 333mhz PII). It's a Geforce MX400 PCI. Anyway, after installing the card, the video won't even come up... monitor stays in stand-by mode. Using the on-board video with the Geforce installed results in the same thing. I took out all the cards (sound, NIC, SCSI), to no avail.

I see no "disable on-board video" option in the BIOS, nor do I know of a jumper on the motherboard. Is there some kind of conflict with this card, or is it impossible to put another video card in these Kayaks? My friend is pretty dissapointed, so any help would be greatly appreciated.

-Ben

Moved from Archived Desktops and Workstations Boards>general to Business PCs - Evo, Deskpro, Vectra, Kayak, Brio, e-PC

Please use plain text.
Frequent Advisor
Stefan Kühn
Message 2 of 2 (154 Views)

Re: video doesn't initialize after Geforce MX install on Kayak

You have to reflash the bios with the latest one and make sure that the card does have caompability with PCI 2.X!
You may also notie that on older machines even when PCI only 4X transfer method may work.

Please use plain text.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation