vectra vl420 mt ILD CD availibility? (1185 Views)
Occasional Visitor
Thomas Hutton
Message 1 of 4 (1,185 Views)

vectra vl420 mt ILD CD availibility?

Anyone know where to find the ILD CD's (either a download or to order) for the vl420mt's? Ive been searching on HP's site but I can find lots of references to the CD's, just no links to order or download an image.
Please use plain text.
Honored Contributor
Ron Silver_1
Message 2 of 4 (1,185 Views)

Re: vectra vl420 mt ILD CD availibility?

On a mchine this old you will most likely have to order them from a third party if they are available. You might give ebay a try. The drivers are available herebut to point you to the right ones what OS are you running. http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/DriverDownload.jsp?lang=en&cc=us&prodNameId=45011&t...〈=en&cc=us
Please use plain text.
Occasional Visitor
Thomas Hutton
Message 3 of 4 (1,185 Views)

I actually have two systems I need to rebuild. I see no drivers listed for XP pro which I find strange.

The second system is an win98se that is running controlling an instrument and wont work under anything newer than win98se. When I try to build from my windows 98se disks, Upon loading the various drivers from the HP web site, i either end up with a system that hangs on boot or complains that it has hardware conflicts and various system board devices dont have drivers loaded.

im guessing there is a dependency as to what you load in what order that I have not figured out yet. Thought loading from the hp disk might be easier.

Please use plain text.
Honored Contributor
Ron Silver_1
Message 4 of 4 (1,185 Views)

First the drivers for XP and XP pro should both work on each other OK. In general you want to start at the center and work out by loading the chipset first reboot,video next reboot, NIC, reboot cold boot(total shutdown) then load the rest and reboot as needed. The XP drivers are here. http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/SoftwareIndex.jsp?lang=en&cc=us&prodNameId=45011&pr... If you download the drivers on a machine with Windows firewall on it and some third party firewalls you will most likely need to unblock the download. To unblock the file download to a known location and right click the downloaded file, Select properties and on the window that comes up Select the Unblock button towards the bottom and click it then click the Apply button at the bottom right. Close the file and execute it and it should execute OK after unblocking, You will most likely need to load the IDE driver and then the video on this machine.
Please use plain text.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation