Re: stop code on HP Vectra VL400 MT (686 Views)
Occasional Visitor
AllanNadeja
Message 1 of 2 (722 Views)

stop code on HP Vectra VL400 MT

I am getting a stop code 0x00000050, Page_Fault_in_nonpaged_area address 80467446 base at 8040000, DateStamp 384d9b17 - ntoskrnl.exe

It is an HP Vectra VL400 MT model P4155T#ABA running Windows 2000 Professional.  Tried to troubleshoot many ways but have had no luck.  Swapped memory DIMM to other slot, pulled ISA cards from slot to reboot, tried another video card, no luck with anything I tried.  I can boot to Safe Mode, but cannot find anything there.  Made a copy of the hard drive and ran chkdsk on the copy but did not find any errors.

This started when the PC locked up and forced a reboot and came to this error message.  Believe it is most like a hard drive issue (corrupted files).  Next step is to reload OS; however, put the original CDs in a safe place so safe I cannot find them.  Trying to order replacement CD from HP to do this.

Ran the on-board (on disk) HP diagnostics, there doesn't seem to be any errors when running through these system checks also.

Any other suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Please use plain text.
Honored Contributor
Ron Silver_1
Message 2 of 2 (686 Views)

Re: stop code on HP Vectra VL400 MT

If you think the problem is the HD I would download the HD manufacturers dianostic tools and run them. Seagate has Seatools Western Digital has there own etc. . Next would be to Norton Utilities and see what it thinks needs to be repaired and do it. The worst case you may have to reload your machine. I am thinking that your machine is old enough that you will to get a recovery set from a third party. If you can I would upgrade to Windows XP it is a lot more flexible and more easily repaired with out any third party tools. Tom upgrade to XP you will need to upgrade the memory to 512 MB and upgrade the hard drive to at least 80 GB if you can srtill get a PATA drive that small. I would use the XP disk that most white box builders use and downlad the drivers from www.hp.com.  here.  http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/SoftwareIndex.jsp?lang=en&cc=us&prodNameId=21228&pr... 

Please use plain text.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation