Re: my deskpro 6350 gives beepes and numlock flashes!!!! help (45 Views)
Occasional Visitor
Geert Silkens
Message 1 of 3 (45 Views)

my deskpro 6350 gives beepes and numlock flashes!!!! help

[ Edited ]

i have a compaq deskpro 6350/4.3 ntl
and when i start my computer
de system gives 1 long beep and 2 short beepes
but when i plug in my graphics card then it gives 1 long beep ,2 short beeps after 4 second it gives also 1 long and 2 short beeps.

i have tried many things and this is the 3e mainboard i tested at work. i think it is my agp controller but i am not sure. i have not tested it with another cpu.

can anyone help???

Moved from Archived Desktops and Workstations Boards>general to Business PCs - Evo, Deskpro, Vectra, Kayak, Brio, e-PC

I am learning for system administrator in holland
Honored Contributor
Ron Kinner
Message 2 of 3 (45 Views)

Re: my deskpro 6350 gives beepes and numlock flashes!!!! help

1 long 2 short means video error so it is probably the agp.

Ron
Occasional Advisor
Rose P. Martin-Stinson
Message 3 of 3 (45 Views)

Re: my deskpro 6350 gives beepes and numlock flashes!!!! help

I have a deskpro p350/4.3, is this the same as the 6350 since I can never find p350 listed? I had the same problem with my compaq when I installed sound card. I had 1 short beep and 2 long beeps. I unplugged the video card and plugged it up again and it loaded and worked to a degree. I only have 16 bit color and am trying to find out which video card it is. sn is 6906CCJ7G756. p11, IS YOUR like mine, and do you have your recovery disk, I need help? It seems that you have a problem with your video like I did. Hope you have luck.

Rose
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.