Re: Wee don't need no Steenking Keyboards (86 Views)
Trusted Contributor
Peter Quodling
Message 1 of 4 (86 Views)

Wee don't need no Steenking Keyboards

[ Edited ]

I have a Deskpro EN SFF (1Ghz) - I use it as a Linux Asterisk server - the system gets upset if it doesn't have a KB plugged in, and as I use it as a server I would prefer no KB or screen (to save office real estate).

Is there a way of building a "turnaround connector for the KB interface, so that it's bluffed into thinking there is a KB there???

Regards

Q

P.S. This thread has been moved from Archived Desktops and Workstations Boards > Windows based to Business PCs - Evo, Deskpro, Vectra, Kayak, Brio, e-PC. - Hp Forum Moderator

Leave the Money on the Fridge.
Honored Contributor
Rich S
Message 2 of 4 (86 Views)

Re: Wee don't need no Steenking Keyboards

I have done this with a USB keyboard. Once XP is set up then booted, I remove the keyboard as if a USB device. Works slick. I actually did this when I needed a keyboard to repair another PC and then I hot swapped.

Rich
Honored Contributor
Shawn
Message 3 of 4 (86 Views)

I found this
http://tinyurl.com/78z9x
Like your subject line BTW
Good laugh
Valued Contributor
Viktor V. Lubezniy
Message 4 of 4 (86 Views)

Hello,

I don't know about this model, but many computers have BIOS option which enables booting and working without the keyboard (look for "Halt on" option or something other in BIOS Setup).

Best regards,
Viktor V. Lubezniy
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.