Vectra VL420 and 2 beeps at POST (20 Views)
Advisor
Boris Demin
Message 1 of 5 (20 Views)

Vectra VL420 and 2 beeps at POST

[ Edited ]

Please, give me an advice about what should be done/replaced if my Vectra VL420DT PC beeps twice at the beginning of the POST and doesn't start at all. CPU cooler start spinning as i press power button but slow down and stops soon after. And then i hear two beeps.
Thanks in advance.
Boris

P.S. This thread has been moved from Archived Desktops and Workstations Boards > Windows based to  Business PCs - Evo, Deskpro, Vectra, Kayak, Brio, e-PC. - Hp Forum Moderator

Honored Contributor
Gary Cantwell
Message 2 of 5 (20 Views)

Re: Vectra VL420 and 2 beeps at POST

Hi Boris,

The beep codes for your Vectra are listed on page 21 of the VL420 troubleshooting guide that's available here:

http://tinyurl.com/2glyj

Hope this helps,

Gary
Advisor
Boris Demin
Message 3 of 5 (20 Views)

Thank you Gary. But... sorry i can't download any manual from there for some technical reason. Could you give my an answer in simple terms about where my problem is possibly rooted.
Thank you.
Honored Contributor
Gary Cantwell
Message 4 of 5 (20 Views)

Hi Boris,

The 2 beeps you are getting mean that the power supply is in protected mode, it may work again if you unplug the unit and retry but the psu will need to be replaced,

Hope this helps,

Gary
Valued Contributor
skiser
Message 5 of 5 (20 Views)

Pull the plug and let the system set for at least 30 seconds like recommended.

Take the time while the unit is unplugged to go into the unit and make sure that cards are all properly seated. Same for memory.

If the problem began after adding a new card, remove that card. Test by removing other cards as well, one by one.

You may need to replace the PSU, but reseating cards and removing cards is faster and takes less time, unless you cross-swap PSU's from another VL420.
HTH
Ever stop to think and forget to start again?
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.