Upgrading Vectra VLi8 to 1GHz CPU (17 Views)
Occasional Visitor
Pam_3
Message 1 of 5 (17 Views)

Upgrading Vectra VLi8 to 1GHz CPU

[ Edited ]

I am experimenting with a Vectra VLi8. The machine came to me with 64 MB RAM and 500MHz CPU. I am trying to upgrade this to a 1 GHz machine. The current BIOS does not support a 1 GHz chip and has stepped performance down to 750MHz. I have downloaded the latest BIOS from the HP Vectra site and have successfully flashed the BIOS. However, it still does not seem to be able to support the 1GHz and continues to step it down to a 750. Any ideas on what else I could try? Thanks.

P.S. This thread has been moved from Archived Desktops and Workstations Boards >Windows based > to Business PCs - Evo, Deskpro, Vectra, Kayak, Brio, e-PC. -HP Forum Moderator

Please use plain text.
Occasional Visitor
Mike_104
Message 2 of 5 (17 Views)

Re: Upgrading Vectra VLi8 to 1GHz CPU

Did you get any answer to this.

I have a PII 400 VLi8 and would like to find the max speed I can take it too?
Please use plain text.
Occasional Visitor
Pam_3
Message 3 of 5 (17 Views)

I am afraid that I haven't received any other replies about this.
Please use plain text.
Occasional Visitor
Mike_104
Message 4 of 5 (17 Views)

Pam,

What did you set the system board switches 6-9 to in order to get 750Mhz? The manual only shows speeds up to 500Mhz.

Thanks
Mike
Please use plain text.
Occasional Visitor
Pam_3
Message 5 of 5 (17 Views)

Hi Mike,

I don't have the Vectra anymore as it was needed elsewhere in the office. Unfortunately, I don't remember what the settings were since I didn't change them at all.

The best I can suggest is trying the 15 remaining combinations for the switches and seeing if any of them give you a better result.

Sorry I couldn't be of more help.

PAM
Please use plain text.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation