Re: Trying to hook up video camera to computer (389 Views)
Occasional Visitor
Allison Parker
Message 1 of 4 (460 Views)

Trying to hook up video camera to computer

I have an I.link cable that I got from Sony to transfer video from my video camera to my HP computer. I do not have a 4 pin I.link port on my computer. Is there a quick fix? I would not be able to install something internal.
Honored Contributor
Rich S
Message 2 of 4 (460 Views)

Re: Trying to hook up video camera to computer

If there is not a USB at one end, you will need an adaptor.

Most cables that are form USER FRIENDLY devices have a USB plug at one end that goes into the PC.

IF it does not, they want to be paid for the adaptor.

You can find them in your manual or if you look at the model of your device on line.

Rich
Honored Contributor
Ron Silver_1
Message 3 of 4 (460 Views)

Make sure that whatever adapter that you get. That your hardware/Software meets the minimum required by the card/adapter. Have you looked on the rear panel by the other connectors?What machine do you have?
Occasional Visitor
lyss
Message 4 of 4 (389 Views)

Hi! I have the same problem - I havve the 8510p and looks like I have the i.link port but the small end of the cable fits and not the large and the camcorder has the same size port... Do  I need an adapter too and if so, what do I ask for at the store (I'm not that technical so please forgive me for my learning curve!!)

Thanks!

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.