Simultaneous key presses with HP multimedia keyboard (32 Views)
Occasional Visitor
Robert E
Message 1 of 2 (32 Views)

Simultaneous key presses with HP multimedia keyboard

I have the SK-2511A multimedia extended keyboard that came with the Vectra400 P3 1Ghz system.

When pressing some keys simultaneously, the system beeps and freezes the system every half second until you let go of the keys.

Keys combinations I have seen this on are: Enter + Delete + Home, or Enter + Pagedown + Home.

This happens with the keygroup where Home and Pagedown reside (not the keypad, but the keygroup to the pad's left) and happens with other combos there when including the main Enter key.

I have to use these key combos and it disrupts the applications I use them with.

This does not happen with generic AT-101 keyboards on my other systems, so should I just replace this HP keyboard with a generic keyboard, if it is hardware-coded and thus cannot be fixed, or could it also be a driver update?

My current extended keyboard driver version is C.02.08.
Please use plain text.
Occasional Visitor
roland_3
Message 2 of 2 (32 Views)

Re: Simultaneous key presses with HP multimedia keyboard

Hi, I have the same keyboard as you, but I`ve got a problem. The output from the headphones and the mic` does not work, and I wonder if you know how to make it run. I had well plug it in both cables in the back of the CPU and I put the driver for Windows 2000. I have a Kayak XAs with windows 2000 and I really apreciate it if you help me. Thanks.
Please use plain text.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation