Locked out of my computer, activation troubles, and Windows isn't genuine... (359 Views)
Occasional Visitor
Kinra-86
Message 1 of 3 (359 Views)

Locked out of my computer, activation troubles, and Windows isn't genuine...

[ Edited ]

So I got 2 1GB RAM modules and I installed them in to the computer. This is the first computer installation I have ever done and I got it to work. But when I turned my computer on windows said I needed to activate it. But we need a CD key. But we didn't have a CD. We got the computer from a school program years ago. And I used a program to get the Key but windows said it's an unauthorized key. I've been working my ass off for 3 days trying to find a solution to get windows to activate. I asked Windows for help and I valindated it and they said to upgrade to windows 7 or whatever. But I'm too late. Windows said I had 3 days to activate it and I'm logged out. I figured away to get on internet explorer and get through the bypass for a few minutes. But thats it! I cant do anything else and I fear I might lose my documents some how. I tried sending to my cloud storages. But when I try uploading them my computer isn't genuine.

Is there any hope for me??

I'm sorry I forgot to mention...

But I have: Compaq Evo D510 SFF

With Windows XP professional Version 2002 Service Pack 3

I'm willing to do any thing it takes to fix the situation. But I'm willing to spend money as a last resort....

Thanks

P.S. This thread has been moved from Business PCs - Compaq, Elite, Pro to Business PCs - Evo, Deskpro, Vectra, Kayak, Brio, e-PC - HP Forum Moderator

HP Pro
ironcoog
Message 2 of 3 (317 Views)

Re: Locked out of my computer, activation troubles, and Windows isn't genuine...

I can't post a key for you on the forum, for obvious reasons.

If you contact HP, our agents can provide one after verifying some information with you.

Contact HP

I work on behalf of HP
Frequent Advisor
Stefan Kühn
Message 3 of 3 (218 Views)

Re: Locked out of my computer, activation troubles, and Windows isn't genuine...

Call HP and tell them the problem. If the computer did come with XP they may be able to give you the original key the computer did come with.

Since the PC comes from HP preloaded with an OS and since you have owned the PC, you have the right to use the license the PC did come with.

I had the same problem with Windws NT 4.0 Workstation on an HP Vectra VLi8. The orginal book was missing. I send the bill of the pc to HP and they provide the license code the PC did come with.

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.