Re: Kayak XU D6347T series 0490 Keyboard Drivers for XP (94 Views)
Occasional Contributor
pc macdonald
Message 1 of 4 (94 Views)

Kayak XU D6347T series 0490 Keyboard Drivers for XP

[ Edited ]

It seems that the only way we can get keyboard (or for that manner, any) drivers for XP is by loading up the "hp desktops, e-diagtool iso file", a 154mb behemoth, and making a partition in front of my XP installation? Please tell me I don't understand!

While re-installing from a recovery partition is a wonderful thing for novices, I, for one, would just like to find the drivers.

I realize that this is a pretty old computer, and that HP is under no obligation to provide drivers 2 or 3 OSs down the line from when it was shipped, but I have the same issues with my brand spanking new Compaq SR1550NX.

Somebody tell me I'm wrong. I'd be happy to be so!

P.S. This thread has been moved from Windows based to Business PCs - Evo, Deskpro, Vectra, Kayak, Brio, e-PC.
-HP Forum Moderator

Man, this is sure painful
Honored Contributor
Eino V
Message 2 of 4 (94 Views)

Re: Kayak XU D6347T series 0490 Keyboard Drivers for XP

Hi

I have many of these computers. I have installed XP to these without that recovery partition (ediagtool). Only drivers that XP can not find are for integrated sound card. They must be installed manually. The keyboard driver is an general driver. All special buttons on HP keyboard don't work, for example that lock button. Most of them however work, for example www and sound level adjustment buttons.

Eino
Occasional Contributor
pc macdonald
Message 3 of 4 (94 Views)

This interface is abysmal. I tried to edit my comments and POOF! Gone.

Thanks for your reply. Yes, it was the LOCK key I miss - I don't use the others, so I didn't know they worked!

I found the driver at drivers.com, a general AD1816 audio driver. I've attached it.

I was mistaken about the SR1550NX. You can get the individual drivers. I tried to verify this but the HP site was unresponsive for over 10 minutes, so I winged it. My bad.
Man, this is sure painful
Honored Contributor
Eino V
Message 4 of 4 (94 Views)

Hi pc macdonald

I have found that driver already and attached to the business suupport forum, but thanks. Yes, these web sites work sometimes slowly.

Eino
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.