04-03-2005 08:45 AM - last edited on 09-22-2013 08:13 PM by maikoro
I had to run the recovery disk. I was sure to remove the wireless card before running. After completing the recovery process I installed the software and then reinstalled the hardware. The card is installed properly but I can not pick up the signal. Should I have installed the hardware first and then installed the software? Any suggestions?
P.S. This thread has been moved from Archived Desktops and Workstations Boards > Windows based to Business PCs - Evo, Deskpro, Vectra, Kayak, Brio, e-PC. - Hp forum moderator
04-04-2005 02:08 PM
1. go to your start on the desk top and go to run
2. type: cmd... then enter
3. type: ipconfig....then enter
4. look for the IP address
5. type: ping then space then the exact #s of the Ip address with the dots of course..then enter
6. if this works there should be 4 packets recieve 4 loss 0%loss
7. now try typing: yahoo.com then hit enter
8. same thing 4 packets recieved and 4 loss 0%loss
I hope this works for you, just make sure you do this from the computer with the network card!